Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 19, 2024 - @700.25 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 51/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :happy: Open the all windows! Your mind needs storms and air! :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema
| | |-+  Tokusatsu?

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Tokusatsu?  (Read 588 times)
rainmirage
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Hi :)

Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: February 19, 2023 @339.90 »

Helloooo. I was curious if anyone here likes tokusatsu! It's my current big passion and I always feel  :ozwomp: when I get to talk about it with someone. My favourites right now are:
  • Kamen Rider Blade (I plan on rewatching it soon :3c)
  • Kamen Rider Ryuki

:TnT: Not a mackerel!
glitchlynx
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2023 @105.50 »

I only recently got into tokusatsu, so I haven't seen much yet, but my favorite thing I've seen so far has been Chojin Sentai Jetman. It's one of the first tokusatsu things that I watched, and it's made me want to keep exploring the genre.

I've also been listening to a podcast called 'teach me sentai' where the hosts go back and forth watching Zyuranger and Mighty Morphin Power Rangers to compare the two and talk about the behind the scenes for both shows.

purelyconstructive
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!OG! Joined 2021!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2023 @673.62 »

I loved Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers when I was growing up. My two favorites nowadays though are the Japanese 魔法戦隊マジレンジャー [Mahou Sentai Majiranger] and the Chinese 铠甲勇士 [Armor Hero]. Both the original Mandarin and the English dub of the latter one are (legally) available on YouTube.
doubleincision

iMood: doubleincision

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2023 @989.14 »

i had a biiiig Kamen Rider moment in the early 2010s. my alltime fav is Den-O, and i used to have some Momotaros figures but they've been lost to time OTL

i'm also a big fan of OOOs! i haven't watched Ryuki or Blade, but i think Ryuki had some of the coolest-looking suit designs. i also love love love the early 00s fashion on display in those older rider series.

debleb
Full Member ⚓︎

He/him, scaley tailey dragon

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Goose!Pocket Icelogist!High Speed Ozwomp!Joined 2022!
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2023 @913.10 »

i've never watched any myself but it's something i'm a bit interested in getting into- what would your reccomendations be for someone to start with?  :ozwomp:

"I would have thought you to be above something so banal as despair. Am I mistaken?"

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi