Interests Zone > ✑ ∙ Writers Corner

Bookcrossing

<< < (2/2)

di:
Bookcrossing is such a neat idea, I have an account and everything, but I don't think it would really take off in my area. :sad: It's cool to know people are still trying it though.

Plus, I've started this habit of writing in books that I own. At least when it's a commonly printed book, and I'm enjoying it. So I doubt anyone really wants that. My copy of Emma is basically half-diary at this point.

(Emma is one of my favorite books by the way. The shifts and changes are so intriguing. People find Austen's prose challenging - don't sweat it, if you do - but I hope you do settle in and enjoy it.)

--- Quote from: wris on September 28, 2022 @347.22 ---I came across the non-profit Little Free Library the other week. It has a map to help you find any near you.

--- End quote ---

These things, on the other hand, are very popular here. I love them. Lately, I got a beautiful copy of D.H. Lawrence's Women in Love. I just need time to read.

ThySonnet190:
This seems neat, I think I am going to give this a try! I have only really heard of Little Free Library (which has been mentioned earlier in this thread), but this takes that idea and makes it even more mobile it seems. I just need to find a book I am willing to part with/buy a copy of and a safe spot to place said book at. My only worry is that it does not seem that this concept is really prevalent in my area which makes me feel a bit anxious over that, but we shall see.

teatime:
this concept reminds me a lot of the where's george thing where you can track a bill as it crosses the us, but there's something a lot more intentioned in how you interact with this bookcrossing thing. :omg: i hope there'll be more little free libraries in my area too

dotmidi:

--- Quote from: tarocchilla on August 24, 2022 @439.44 ---
I remembered also about USB dead drops, but my pc is too huge to try the one in my city :sad:

--- End quote ---
my dad always told me about doing one of these when i was younger in our city, i tried to find one in our city but nothing came up..
heres a really suspcious one from orlando florida though xD

teatime:

--- Quote from: dotmidi on March 24, 2023 @643.61 ---my dad always told me about doing one of these when i was younger in our city, i tried to find one in our city but nothing came up..
heres a really suspcious one from orlando florida though xD

--- End quote ---

this is extremely sketchy but i am curious and i do enjoy a good low resolution image. it's time for an orlando florida field trip everybody!!! :ozwomp:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version