Interests Zone > ⛽︎ ∙ Technology & Archiving

What kind of phone do you have?

<< < (6/6)

Guest:

--- Quote from: Frost Sheridan on August 29, 2022 @579.64 ---oh man, i've always loved weird cell phones! sadly, there are very few options for cool, weird phones nowadays, but some still exist if you look hard enough. my main phone is a unihertz titan pocket, probably the last phone still being made with a real qwerty keyboard. it looks like a blackberry, but it actually runs android 11. here's mine running my super custom home screen that makes it feel like a proto-smartphone from like 2010:

--- End quote ---

OMG I've been looking for a good phone for ages that has a full QWERTY keyboard (touchscreen annoys me so much). Thank you so much for sharing, I might look into this! :cheesy:

anyway, I have a Moto g power atm and it's alright as far as smartphones go, but I'd like to have something more compact for my pockets and with actual physical buttons (but isn't a complete dumbphone). I'm switching from my AT&T service to T-Mobile because AT&T is utter crap where I live, so I may be getting a new phone soon anyway.

One other phone I was thinking of getting is the CAT s22 flip or Sonim XP3, but I'm not quite sure how I feel about them yet, and the former is out of stock at my local place.

tarraxahum:
I have a Redmi Note, as far as smartphones go it's probably one of the most generic-looking ones. My whole family can only tell our phones apart by pictures we have on the back of them.

HOWEVER I do have this little guy for the soul. It's not the original one, it's a rebuild, but it's done so up to the real thing that it literally cannot connect to the modern Internet at all no matter how hard I try ahah.

It is a total joy to replay some old .java games though. Emulators are just not it. And as far as calls and SMS go it's perfectly usable. Playing music, too, but I don't have headphones with the right jack, whoops. (But I DO still have the old Walkman thingy that could be jacked into Sony Ericssons and played your music on a radio frequency! it's like a Bluetooth speaker but retro :cheesy:D)

tom:
I have a 3rd gen. iPhone SE. I'll honestly take it over any other modern iPhone or smartphone in general because I just... don't like long buttonless phones. I sometimes wonder if they still make smaller phones with buttons but never bothered to search about it, so this thread is somewhat refreshing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version