Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 26, 2024 - @29.32 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 29/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :transport: :transport: More is More :transport: :transport:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Games
| |-+  ♖ ∙ Video Games
| | |-+  Board/card games

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Board/card games  (Read 603 times)
strwbtea
Casual Poster

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: January 13, 2023 @741.96 »

I thought I'd make a topic for the enthusiasts of board/card games. Are you a fanatic? Or do you prefer some classic games? What are your favourite games? Share with us!

_____

To start the topic, I think my favourite at the moment is The Crew: The Quest for Planet Nine. From the outside feels like a very simple card game but actually me and my friends were surprised how good of a game it is! Would definitely recommend. :dive:

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2023 @796.64 »

I want to love board and card games but I criminally lack players for them! :TnT:

I loved Union Pacific, Catan, Scotland Yard/Mister X, various quiz/trivia games, and more. I also want to get in more complicated ones, but due to the aforementioned issue, I can't.
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2023 @922.57 »

I love board and card games, but sadly I don't get to play them all that much. When I transfer to university I got to see if they have a game club for either one or both, because I'll gladly join them.

Some of my favorite board and card games are:
Backgammon
Phase 10
Settlers of Catan, especially the Cities and Knights of Catan expansion
Skip-Bo
HayleyMulch
Jr. Member ⚓︎

(she/they) | if my grandmother had wheels, etc.

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: hayleymulch
iMood: HayleyMulch

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2023 @984.05 »

Ooooh yes I do. I don't play them often, mainly only for certain occasions. But ones I really enjoy are:

Love Letter
Forbidden Desert
Sushi Go Party!
Trogdor!!: The Board Game

And classics like The Game of Life and Trivial Pursuit too!

And I haven't played it in YEARS, but good ol' Texas Hold 'Em! :grin:

SilkSkull
Hero Member ⚓︎

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
iMood: SilkSkull
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!MARIO64.PNGCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2023 @98.51 »

I've mentioned this a fair few times :P but I absolutely love Magic: The Gathering, it's been a huge part of my life and I play it every week.
Other than that it would be:
Catan
Uno
Monopoly
D&D
Cyberpunk Red

and of course; Chess

She/Her
"Will you stop adding lampposts to my games?"

jadefyre
Casual Poster ⚓︎

now that's something I can hyperfixate on

Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2023 @858.62 »

Big fan of tabletop games. I've done some D&D, but mostly have played in Pathfinder, Dungeon World, and The Sprawl. The last two are Powered by the Apocalypse 2D6 systems, which is pretty fun. I also made a lasers & feelings-inspired "one"-page RPG called the conSTABulary is here based on a concept I wanted to explore with my gaming group (having a Stab-themed party) that nobody else got on board with. Which is totally fair, as they're all seasoned players and told me that gimmicks quickly fall apart in the kinds of long campaigns our GM likes to run.

As for other games... I don't play nearly as many as I like, but I'm fond of Horizon Zero Dawn: The Board Game (especially considering I like the franchise a lot), Star Trek Catan (...and regular Catan), and Marrying Mr. Darcy.

For cards, I was raised in a card-playing household so I enjoy cribbage, euchre, rummy, and some good ol' crazy 8s countdown. Lately I've also been interested in poker and hearts, but I use phone apps for those because it's hard to get a group together. I've also been known to enjoy a whist party or two. the fun kind, with the silly rules and such.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

the era of rpgmaker games

Started by cinniBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 27
Views: 4085
Last post August 16, 2023 @267.22
by Riqo
newgrounds' art games section

Started by DarmodejBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 0
Views: 1165
Last post February 03, 2022 @906.33
by Darmodej
I'm addicted to sandbox games

Started by Icey!Board ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 6
Views: 1533
Last post February 22, 2023 @523.34
by Guest

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi