Home Entrance Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
March 29, 2024 - @447.62 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 47/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ozwomp: Reminder: Forum messages stay readable for years! Keep yours high quality! :ozwomp:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ❤︎ ∙ Greetings and Introductions
| | |-+  Hey there!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Hey there!  (Read 561 times)
BiRabittoh
Newbie ⚓︎

owo

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: birabittoh

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« on: September 20, 2022 @656.47 »

Hey there! After a bit of lurking I've finally decided to bite the bullet and start interacting on posts!

I'm a 24yo italian developer and I've been interested in the web revival movement for well over a year now.
I've graduated in computer engineering in june and I look forward to start studying for my Data Science major in a few weeks.

I have a serious blog over on gemini and I'm currently building my retro website, heavily inspired by the Hypnospace Outlaw aesthetic, although I've only finished a single page.. You can pay a visit if you're curious about my favorite videogames :ha:

Another project I was trying to get started was a web proxy for WML (something similar to what proxy.vulpes.one does for Gopher and Gemini), but I've yet to actually start thinking about how to make that happen. If it weren't for XTaran and this thread, I would never have thought people still make content for that protocol!

I love Free and Open Source Software. I run an Arch Linux installation and I use KDE or i3, depending on what I need to achieve that day.

Finally, thank you so much Melon for creating and hosting all of this. Your website is fantastic and this forum is even better! I've never actually posted on a forum, but I've always used them, especially in the old days, so here's hoping I don't screw this up in some way! :grin:
« Last Edit: September 20, 2022 @690.37 by BiRabittoh » Logged

Sites: serious, retro
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2022 @865.82 »

Hi BiRabbitoh :ha: Welcome to the forum and congratz on beeing freed from your lurking purgatory!

Wow those are some really slick sites, there is great contrast on your retro one I like it. Italy is great, maybe I'll move there someday :grin: Oh and thank you for the kind words :4u:

Ooo-- You've Received Melon's Welcome Pack --ooO
* If you haven't already check out the forum welcome post, and forum usage guide!
* New to website making? Here is a complete(ish) guide!
* Visit your look/layout to pick a theme and set a default colour/font for your messages!
* Feeling shy and unsure what to do? Maybe post a song you like here!
* Finally don't forget to share the forum and invite friends! We have some way cool graphics over here!

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
wris
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Safe when used as directed.

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2022 @391.13 »

That's a cool website!
memo
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2022 @559.40 »

Hello fellow italian :ha: that's a very cool looking website.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2022 @561.63 by memo » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi