Art & Games > ♖ ∙ Video Games

Obscure Games

(1/5) > >>

SilkSkull:
What are some of your favorite (or least favorite) obscure games? Any games you can bet nobody here knows? any games you want to be revived/noticed? Discuss here!

Personally I would love to see Gunz: The Duel or Lethal League to be noticed more!

Guest:
I'm not sure how obscure either of these really are, but I definitely don't see anyone else talking about them. Luckily they're both on GOG, so others can try them out if they want :wink:

I Am Not a Monster - It's a turn-based tactics game a bit similar to XCOM, styled like a 1950s sci-fi movie. You play as people aboard a space station during an invasion by shape-shifting lizard monsters who look similar to the Gorn from Star Trek. I think it's really cool, and love the ray-punk aesthetic.

There's also an online mode where some people are humans and others are aliens in disguise, each with their own objectives. But even though it came out in 2018, there aren't many people who still play it so you'll need to get a group of friends together if you want to experience the multiplayer.

Giants: Citizen Kabuto - This is an older Interplay game that came out near the end of Interplay's glory days. The graphics were absolutely gorgeous at the time, and I think they still hold up today.

You play as three different races, each with their own play styles. It's mostly a third-person shooter, but with a little bit of real-time strategy as well.

SilkSkull:

--- Quote from: MamboGator on October 11, 2022 @963.54 ---I'm not sure how obscure either of these really are, but I definitely don't see anyone else talking about them. Luckily they're both on GOG, so others can try them out if they want :wink:

I Am Not a Monster - It's a turn-based tactics game a bit similar to XCOM, styled like a 1950s sci-fi movie. You play as people aboard a space station during an invasion by shape-shifting lizard monsters who look similar to the Gorn from Star Trek. I think it's really cool, and love the ray-punk aesthetic.

There's also an online mode where some people are humans and others are aliens in disguise, each with their own objectives. But even though it came out in 2018, there aren't many people who still play it so you'll need to get a group of friends together if you want to experience the multiplayer.

Giants: Citizen Kabuto - This is an older Interplay game that came out near the end of Interplay's glory days. The graphics were absolutely gorgeous at the time, and I think they still hold up today.

You play as three different races, each with their own play styles. It's mostly a third-person shooter, but with a little bit of real-time strategy as well.

--- End quote ---
Great now I'm gonna get back in to my RTS obsession lol, I wanna try both because they look right down my alley. Maybe even assemble a group and play some multiplayer

Ripupz:
YOU should try Hylics it's a really weird and obsure hell of a game
everything about it like the design,music,character,dialogue, and story is just really full of WTF stuff and WTF moment. I don't think you can play the game and understand anything in it truly obscure...

debleb:
Rex: Another Island. It's this little open-world platformer I found on itch.io once and I really liked it. The platforming was fun, the soundtrack is great, and I love the graphics. I'd reccomend it a lot if you like platformers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version