Forum Hub > ❤︎ ∙ Greetings and Introductions

helooooo

(1/2) > >>

nymphaeaphoo:
Hihihii.
 :dive:
My name is nymphaeaphoo.
I love software that's free and minimal.
I draw pixel art and make digital low poly 3d models.
I develop video games, made a game that simulates evolution by means of natural selection.
I'm interested in animals and palaeontology, the study of extinct animals.
I've recently got into server side scripting for my website, made my own guestbook and visitor counter.

Melooon:
Hi nymphaeaphoo :4u:

Wow you have a super high effort website; its very unique though I like it. Whats your favourite extinct animal? Mine is Quetzalcoatlus because it was really big and has a whacky as heck name; also when I was little I used to be terrified that these dudes lived in my house and would get me if I left the fireplace at night :ohdear: Ugh I guess the real terror is the human mind and even fireplaces cant protect us from that...

Ooo-- You've Received Melon's Welcome Pack --ooO
* If you haven't already check out the forum welcome post, and forum usage guide!
* New to website making? Here is a complete(ish) guide!
* Visit your look/layout to pick a theme and set a default colour/font for your messages!
* Feeling shy and unsure what to do? Maybe post a song you like here!
* Finally don't forget to share the forum and invite friends! We have some way cool graphics over here!

nymphaeaphoo:

--- Quote from: Melooon on October 29, 2022 @986.39 ---Hi nymphaeaphoo :4u:

Wow you have a super high effort website; its very unique though I like it. Whats your favourite extinct animal? Mine is Quetzalcoatlus because it was really big and has a whacky as heck name; also when I was little I used to be terrified that these dudes lived in my house and would get me if I left the fireplace at night :ohdear: Ugh I guess the real terror is the human mind and even fireplaces cant protect us from that...

--- End quote ---

thankyouuu I'm glad you like my website! :4u:
my favourite extinct (and in general) animal is Opabinia Regalis. a funny little 7cm soft bodied sea bug that went extinct 500 million years ago, only a dozen or so fossils found of it.

I find it quite cute and horrifying at the same time.

i mainly like it for its proboscis (trunk), which is a quite underrated body part in my opinion but opabinia takes it very seriously, poking around the sea floor with its little grabber claw thingy :ha:

yaaa Quetzalcoatlus, such a legendary looking creature, named after the Aztec god Quetzalcoatl. after seeing so many dragons from fiction its interesting to see the realistic proportions of a large flying animal.
I had a similar fear to yours but with ostriches instead, mostly because of the way their faces look when looking at them head on... most birds in general look creepy from the front

Melooon:
Wow 500 million is a really long time ago; thats long enough ago that we are probably related to him :omg: OMG I need to make a webpage that calculates how many greats would be needed for this to be a grandfather!

The oldest thing Iv seen is the Tetrapod Trackway in Kerry ( https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/tetrapod-trackway ); but thats only 380 million... Opabinia was already 120 MILLION years old when the tetrapod was waddling along.. aaahhh time!! My mind has been boggled :ozwomp: Whats the use of anything, we are only links in a chain, life is so short, why must people fight, and where is my proboscis!

nymphaeaphoo:
oh but you do have a proboscis! Humans have quite large noses in proportion to the head (look at the noses of similar animals like chimpanzees and monkeys, also dogs may have long snouts but the nose itself is quite small)
a lot of ancient statues of people (including the great Sphinx) have had their noses chipped off, its sticking out so much it creates a weak point in the stone :drat:

That's a really cool idea for a webpage, I might make something about Opabinia's period, the Cambrian. The creature in Kerry might be Tiktaalik or something similar, who is thought to be the transition between land and sea, which had bones in its front and back fins that make it more plausible to walk on land, which is absent in almost all fish today

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version