Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 24, 2024 - @57.56 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 52/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :4u: ~~~~~~~~~~~  :4u:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ☞ ∙ Life on the Web
| | |-+  Poll: What browser do you use?

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Print
Poll
Question: What browser do you use? (Pick 2 Max!)
Firefox   -219 (54.9%)
Chrome   -53 (13.3%)
Safari   -17 (4.3%)
Edge   -11 (2.8%)
Brave   -11 (2.8%)
Vivaldi   -20 (5%)
Opera   -18 (4.5%)
Chromium   -4 (1%)
SeaMonkey   -2 (0.5%)
Pale Moon   -11 (2.8%)
Waterfox   -8 (2%)
Other (Please say!)   -25 (6.3%)
Arc   -0 (0%)
Total Members Voted: 298

Author Topic: Poll: What browser do you use?  (Read 9190 times)
corvidaegalaxy
Casual Poster ⚓︎

nonpsychotic 🧚‍♂️🧚‍♂️🧚‍♂️

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: corvidae

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #90 on: December 30, 2023 @21.93 »

i voted both firefox and other, since the browsers i use are technically just altered versions of firefox.. but! i specifically use librewolf on computer and iceraven on mobile!

xero333

StatusCafe: xero333
iMood: xero333
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile

Joined 2024!
« Reply #91 on: January 04, 2024 @748.95 »

Chrome, but I know I should use Firefox. I am just so deep into Google's ecosystem at the moment that it's hard to jump over to anything else! I know deep down Firefox is the better browser for a number of reasons, but it's difficult to take the plunge completely.

:pc: Bring back the old web! :pc:
m1k3

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #92 on: January 11, 2024 @579.84 »

LibreWolf! It's a single Appimage on Linux.
sokil
Casual Poster

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #93 on: January 12, 2024 @192.45 »

firefox is my main browser for desktop/laptop and mobile! i also have waterfox installed on my desktop as a backup browser in case something is breaking on firefox.

m1k3

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #94 on: January 16, 2024 @744.87 »

librewolf and waterfox are secure but break a ton of sites and can feel unusable

I'm surprised you have that issue. I use LibreWolf as my primary browser (typing in it right now) and don't have any issues with it. Generally it should work fine as long as site are respecting your privacy. You may run into some situations where it's trying to block canvas access or other types of fingerprinting but you can go into the settings and turn them off.

Paprika
Full Member ⚓︎

Go to the tanterwomps for they are lost in time

View Profile WWW

Giver of Many Welcomes!Joined 2024!
« Reply #95 on: January 24, 2024 @667.52 »

I used Internet Explorer for a while when Internet was young. I went onto FireFox later, then moved on Opera, went to Midori for a while and now I'm back to FireFox. Brave seemed nice until I understood how it was working and didn't wanted to support this kind of stuff. There's no perfect browser but as long as you're okay with the one you"re using, then it"s fine. Internet has too much Google, I can't get behind Chrome or Chrome-based ones.
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #96 on: January 24, 2024 @676.26 »

One interesting note! At the moment this poll says:
Firefox is 55% of people and Chrome is about 20% used Chrome (or Chrome-like browsers like Vivaldi)

But the actual forum stats say that 47% of people use Chrome and only 26% use Firefox!

I suppose the difference is down to who actually has an account and has chosen to vote in the poll, versus casual browsers who are not logged in. Bots might be a reason too, but the forum stats are pretty good at filtering them out.

At any rate, I would still recommend testing your site on both browsers!

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
crakila
Newbie ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #97 on: January 24, 2024 @676.66 »

I probably started out like most people using Internet Explorer until Google Chrome came onto the scene but as my online habits have changed over the last few years, I have explored other options.
I was using Vivaldi for the longest time but due to issue stemming from streaming videos (Twitch and YouTube) and performance issues, I went back to Chrome.

I tried out Arc on my Mac for the longest time, and it is a great Chromium-based browser.
But as of last year, I have switched everything over to Firefox and don't regret it at all.
CRiNGE
Newbie ⚓︎

StatusCafe: CRiNGE
iMood: RiPPY

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #98 on: February 10, 2024 @784.26 »

I use Vivaldi as my main browser, but I also use Edge at school. I'm not counting Safari on my phone because you kind of have to use that.
Recently I found that you can customize the CSS of Vivaldi, so I've been working on a custom theme and I think it's coming along very nice:

The theme is still a major work in progress, but I'm really happy with how it's coming along. The main changes are making the UI more compact, and adding
Code
box-shadow: 2px 2px 0 0 black;
to elements. Choosing a background image is really hard for me, so I'm currently just using one of the defaults.
Vivaldi is a great browser, but I wish there were more releases dedicated to fixing bugs instead of adding more and more features or making a Steam game. With that being said, at least almost every bug I have reported has been fixed.
Before Vivaldi, I used Microsoft Edge as my main browser. When it first became Chromium, it was actually a really solid browser. Then they added more and more bloat to it, in Microsoft fashion. The final straw for me was when they added a sidebar dedicated to playing browser games (which is now just a general purpose sidebar).
I have tried Firefox, but I just don't really like it that much. The last time I used it as my main browser it was so slow I got like 5 seconds of input lag when typing. I am assuming that this has definitely been fixed since then.
plasticseaslug
Casual Poster

plastic animals in cellophane waters. | he/it

iMood: plasticseaslug

View Profile

Joined 2024!
« Reply #99 on: February 18, 2024 @923.56 »

i absolutely adore firefox. it's nice being able to customize so much, and i like being able to keep all of my data in one easy place.

grubbyfox
Full Member ⚓︎

forever in 2006

iMood: grubbyfox

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #100 on: April 09, 2024 @920.22 »

I use waterfox as a main, and firefox as a secondary :3

bees
Casual Poster ⚓︎

iMood: lobb

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #101 on: April 13, 2024 @994.13 »

Firefox (with various add-ons), though I'm intrigued by Librewolf and Waterfox :)

Little Matcha Girl

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #102 on: April 23, 2024 @432.79 »

I've gotten so used to Chrome and it's hard to leave, especially since I've had issues with Firefox not displaying things correctly. Made me abandon it after trying it out again T_T

hi! I love pastels, drawing, and cute stuff!!
prismatic

forest guardian ⭐

View Profile

Joined 2024!
« Reply #103 on: April 23, 2024 @606.83 »

vivaldi. once i've tried it out a half-decade+ ago, i've stuck with it ever since.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

POLL: How many personal sites have you built?

Started by xandraBoard ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 30
Views: 4354
Last post January 11, 2024 @150.49
by xXWebMasterXx_Gina
Theme Poll - Do you like the forum theme?

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 13
Views: 4971
Last post August 12, 2023 @742.86
by vvinrg
old MSPaint in browser

Started by DarmodejBoard ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links

Replies: 4
Views: 1622
Last post April 02, 2022 @344.05
by ramenwaitress

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi