Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 19, 2024 - @850.15 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 43/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :happy: Open the all windows! Your mind needs storms and air! :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links
| | |-+  ☮︎ ∙ Other Communities & Webrings
| | | |-+  neorings.org - Modern Webrings

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: neorings.org - Modern Webrings  (Read 606 times)
div
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: November 25, 2023 @423.01 »

Something that people ask a lot is, "How do I make a webring."

https://neorings.org

I made this site where you can sign up, register your pages, create webrings, and add your pages to other webrings. It gives you the HTML to copy on your site so you're in the ring. And it has an API that you can use to make your own webring page on your own site. I haven't gotten around to writing documentation on how to do this but if you're interested I could probably give you the basics at the end of this post*

The site just went up yesterday so it's not very active. But I'd recommend joining my webring (https://neorings.org/webring/1) since it's easy to do, it will automatically accept your page, and while you're there you can look at what it would be like to make your own webring.

So like yeah... basically the next time someone asks, "How do I make a webring," send them to my site and they can do it there. Hopefully one day it will have more users and more rings and more pages.

But... the only way that's gonna happen is if people go there and make accounts and add their pages to webrings :P

Let me know what you think.  :pc:

* and oh yeah, Basically you just make requests to https://neorings.org/api/webring/1 (except you use your webring number and not mine) and you render the links from the data.
Grimlock
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Harley | He/they |

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: dinosaur
iMood: Grimlock

View Profile WWW

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2023 @528.74 »

this is so cool! really excited to see all the new webrings that pop up because of this! :ozwomp:

div
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2023 @562.65 »

this is so cool! really excited to see all the new webrings that pop up because of this! :ozwomp:

Thanks! There is a part of me that is scared that I put so much work into it and no one will use it.  :notgood:

But... after three people joined my ring, I have ended up visiting their pages multiple times because they are connected to mine now. So even if it's a small number of people, I think the connections are still valuable. Thanks for taking the time to try it out.

We just have to talk about it if we want people to use it, so when you find people whose site fits your ring idea, don't be afraid to reach out and ask them to link up with you on the site!
keybladekid6
Jr. Member ⚓︎

hey roxy! boys night! lol

iMood: keybladekid6

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2023 @110.15 »

what an awesome tool!! c: this makes me wanna make a webring too >:]

thanks so much!! <3 if i ever get around to making a resources page, i'll put this on ^_^

xoxo, lolo =3

"that day, beneath that ruby sky..."
ThunderPerfectWitchcraft
Sr. Member ⚓︎

Here be dragons

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2023 @916.38 »

Very cool - had thought about doing such a project eventually :)

Right now, I get
"Error Communicating with Server"
when trying to login or get a verification code atm.

Tommie ΘΔ
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Born 'n raised on the internet!

iMood: anchorgutz

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2023 @609.57 »

Thisis awesome!!! Ive been wanting to join more webrings, so this is great :DD Cant wait to see what other rings comeout of this!!  :transport:

Last night I drove to Harper's Ferry and I thought about you...
Grimlock
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Harley | He/they |

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: dinosaur
iMood: Grimlock

View Profile WWW

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2023 @440.87 »

one thing i've noticed now with using the site a little more, i feel like only allowing primary webrings and pages really seems to not be very helpful on the webrings side. i would understand not wanting webpages to be spammed on that page but i feel like with webrings being hidden makes neorings being a host to them kind of stunt their potential growth if someone not too familiar with web revival spaces were to come across it (perhaps via a neoring webring) and not see many at all due to the limitation. additionally, if you have an non-primary page and you add it to a webring it doesn't pop up on the side with the show html button so to get your html you either have to 1. go to your settings from the webring page you just added your page to, make the page your adding your primary webring, go back to the webring page and then if you don't want that page public on the pages page go back to the settings and make the page you want your primary page. or 2. just manually do it yourself if you have the reference of already being in a neoring and copy and paste the %2F's and stuff to fix the via= links to your site

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Is this forum nostalgic over everything or is the modern world really that bad?

Started by Icey!Board ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 15
Views: 4139
Last post May 01, 2022 @188.50
by Sylvian
Your favorate modern game soundtracks?

Started by MelooonBoard © ∙ Music Room

Replies: 31
Views: 3146
Last post February 08, 2024 @324.14
by Seraphim
Known active webrings

Started by MelooonBoard ☮︎ ∙ Other Communities & Webrings

Replies: 34
Views: 3643
Last post April 02, 2024 @899.71
by McMagnetic

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi