Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 26, 2024 - @993.90 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 33/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ozwomp: Reminder: Forum messages stay readable for years! Keep yours high quality! :ozwomp:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  © ∙ Music Room
| | |-+  Movies that feel like hour-long music videos

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Movies that feel like hour-long music videos  (Read 442 times)
Corrupted Unicorn
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: March 23, 2023 @664.84 »

I mentioned my love for music videos previously in this forum, but let's go for a special category of them: the music video movie. Not musicals, not jukebox musicals, just straight up movies with music video-like visuals all the way thorough. These are often made by musicians and bands (obviously) and I know a few, but I'm sure there's more out there.

My favourite of this catergoy is Yellow Submarine! The grandaddy of music videos, it's trippy, surreal, colorful, psychedelic, everything I love  :grin: I think I found a bad version where the audio mixing is all wack, switching volumes at the drop of a hat, and I kinda wish there was a less flashing version? Sometimes it has flashy bits that can be too much, and I don't have any kind of medical condition about that  :drat: I think I'm gonna file this one as "projects I'd like to do someday" - make a more accessible version of this movie! It'd be good to sharpen my video editing skills :ozwomp:

I also know of Interstella 5555 and Electroma, by Daft Punk. Watched the former, love how it has no dialogue at all and the only soundtrack is the album Discovery. I should watch the later too, but I need the emotional fortitude for it, I heard it's very sad  :notgood:

Got any good recs?  I love animated ones, but I'll take live-action as well.  :cheesy:

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2023 @827.79 »

I usually think of Sucker Punch as a series of music video action sequences with the "regular" movie scenes as a framing device. It's not musical throughout, but Zack Snyder started his career directing music videos so I think it's a fair comparison.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Freeware music goodies!

Started by phodicaeBoard © ∙ Music Room

Replies: 5
Views: 2113
Last post February 13, 2022 @285.71
by easy_breezy
Free Hosting for Music - Cybergrunge.net

Started by ellievoyydBoard © ∙ Music Room

Replies: 7
Views: 2060
Last post February 15, 2022 @110.05
by ellievoyyd
Old French Animated Sci-fi Movies

Started by DojidaveBoard ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema

Replies: 5
Views: 1566
Last post October 22, 2022 @478.83
by PineTree

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi