Home Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 03, 2022, 03:21:44 am
Forum activity rating: Two Star Posts: 21/24hrs Show Unread Posts | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Recent Posts
News: :4u: ~~~~~~~~~~~  :4u:  :D The Surf Club webring is now open! Also new landing page  !<o !<o

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Workshop Zone
| |-+  Website Making
| | |-+  What are your homepage must haves?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: What are your homepage must haves?  (Read 142 times)
dotmidi

oh love, like liquid falling / falling in cascades

View Profile WWW
« on: November 23, 2022, 04:46:54 am »

!<o !<o i recently just finished my landing page and i am now coding my home page!! so far my plan is to have an update log and a link to my tumblr and maybe a poll!

what do you guys like having on your home page so i can keep note of all your cool finds?  :)
Melooon
Administrator

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2022, 02:49:15 am »

I had a look at your site and I can see, yes you could use a few things on your homepage  :P

Put stuff you like! Do you like crabs? Put some crabs there! Do you like a pome about toast? "Oh I am a toast, I roast and roast and roast, I was bread once but now Im not,  toast toast toast."... Umm sorry.. ANYWAY, a homepage is like your home, its the place that captures the vibe of your site and for.. 60% of your visitors it might be the only thing they see? So make it count!

Some things people like to put on homepages:
  • News
  • About the site
  • Web pets and adoptables
  • Links to your favorite pages
  • Your name in large letters
  • Site badges can be handy
  • A picture of me (I dunno Iv never seen anyone do this, but why not, Im pretty cool!)

I think it also depends a lot on your nav system; your using a frame style layout, so you can put anything; if you were using a non frame site you might need more navigation centric stuff (I kinda do both on my site).

Personally I'd like to see more random creative homepages, I think sometimes people try to conform to a particular idea of what a homepage needs to be and I support breaking of out that and having more fun  :4u:

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
dotmidi

oh love, like liquid falling / falling in cascades

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2022, 06:11:24 pm »

yeah! i def am gonna add some of my own original stuff too, probably a news-ish section thats like "most recent DIY" and a "recipe book" snippet and they would link to another page dedicated to those and previous submissions  !<o !<o
lime360

hi.

Discord: lime360#3291
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: lime360
iMood: lime360
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2022, 01:17:05 pm »

maybe some html5 games/canvas expirements so that a personal site will be not just a blog

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines RSS | WAP2 | BBCode Help

Melon Sites!
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Visit the Gif Gallery! Support the Forum
Friend Communites!