Home Entrance Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
March 28, 2024 - @780.09 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 37/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :dive: Are u having fun?? :dive:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Games
| |-+  ♖ ∙ Video Games
| | |-+  Favourite 3DS games!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Favourite 3DS games!  (Read 957 times)
sig
Sr. Member ⚓︎

the great

iMood: sigmatic

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Certified chocoboGoose!Joined 2022!
« on: October 05, 2022 @617.34 »

I recently got a New 3DS XL but haven't really gotten around to using it much, and now I'm looking for some games to play on it. It's already the fourth model 3DS I got (starting with my 3DS in 2012 => 2DS => New 2DS XL => New 3DS XL) so I've already played a lot of the Big Games on it. Still, I know for a fact there's a lot of games I've missed so I'm interested to see what 3ds games people here played back in the day/are still playing! Doesn't have to be obscure games or anything, though I'm definitely interested in the games that have seen less public exposure than the usual Mario or Pokémon game. :cheerR:

I'll start off with Shin Megami Tensei IV, which I played relatively late in my 3DS "career" but would still call my favourite game on the system. I tried it on a whim after playing Persona 5 for a bit, and it just blew me away in terms of story, setting and gameplay. Technically, I bought both my N2DSXL and my latest N3DSXL for this game: I quickly realized that my brick of a 2DS just wouldn't do and so I got the sleeker N2DSXL back in 2018. I actually don't really know why I did that because I am one of the five people on the planet who regularly uses the 3D slider, and after missing it for so long I decided to bite the bullet and get the N3DSXL to replay the game in 3D. Weirdly enough, I never actually finished the game! It's hard to get back into an old save file of an RPG, but it's also hard to just replay the entire game when you've already done that for many hours. Anyway, highly recommended to anyone who's into JRPGs!

also did you know that homebrewing your 3ds is actually very easy

The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they go.
xX_irkeneonz_Xx
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2022 @668.01 »

I've got a homebrewed 3DS myself too, but lately I've been playing a lot of DS and earlier games especially rom hacks lol

It might be the expected answer but it's probably a tossup between Super Mystery Dungeon and Pokemon Sun/Moon, both are just fun to play for me with PSMD having a big post game that's easy to pick up casually and SuMo being a great region and pushing the 3DS to its limits. I haven't actually played a SMT game but I might check it out next time I pop out the SD card

DJoftheCoven
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Eng. Esp. Fra. 한

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2022 @958.15 »

Most KH fans would kill me for recommending it but I think KH3D was a lot of fun. If you don't care too much about keeping up to date with the plot, it's a blast even totally blind :dive: and I know it cause I played that game before I knew KH had other games.

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2022 @987.82 »

The New 3DS XL is an awesome system. The extra L/R buttons and the joystick "nub" actually add a lot to quite a few games, not least of which being camera control in Majora's Mask and MGS3: Snake Eater.

Speaking of, both of those games are really good. Snake Eater is an interesting port. It's about on par with the PS2 version, with some added Kojima wierdness to take advantage of the 3DS's unique attributes. And the ports of Majora's Mask and Ocarina of Time have upgraded graphics and improved controls which in my opinion makes them the best versions of those games.

But I think my favourite games are Zelda: A Link Between Worlds and Resident Evil: Revelations. They're probably the best original titles available on the 3DS.
debleb
Full Member ⚓︎

He/him, scaley tailey dragon

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Goose!Pocket Icelogist!High Speed Ozwomp!Joined 2022!
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2022 @754.65 »

I like the Monster Hunter games on 3DS a lot, especially 3 Ultimate. I also like the Dillon games- underrated, I think! The 3DS Taiko games are good too but they're pretty much exactly the same as Taiko games you could play anywhere else asides from their story modes (and 2/3 of them have been ported to Switch anyway.)

"I would have thought you to be above something so banal as despair. Am I mistaken?"

manpaint
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2022 @639.66 »

I heard that Radiant Historia: Perfect Chromology and Fantasy Life are great game, but I barely played it myself so it's kida hard to give my opinion on these titles.

Gummy
Newbie ⚓︎

(ʘᴥʘ) Just trying to SQUEAK by...

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2023 @972.91 »

I would seriously argue that Kid Icarus: Uprising is one of the best titles on the platform. It cleverly mixes both touch controls, 3d depth, and normal pad controls by setting the game into different sections.
Flight sections where the extra dimension of depth perception will help you a lot as you use the bottom screen to aim and shoot through *grueling rail shooting segments, (*at the hardest difficulty, they're pretty newbie friendly on lower difficulties.) and On Foot sections, where the weapons you collect and upgrade and use are put to the test in dungeon like sprawling areas.
All the while, you get the story fed to you through witty and funny quips by gods and goddesses both arguing in your ears.

I dunno, I could go on but, I don't want this to be three paragraphs long L O L.
I really love that game.

[img=212x120]https://hardcore-gamer.s3.amazonaws.com/uploads/2016/09/KidIcarus1.jpg[/img]
« Last Edit: January 11, 2023 @974.92 by Gummy » Logged

~\(ʘᴥʘ)Just schmoovin on by(ʘᴥʘ)/~
appleAlc
Sr. Member ⚓︎

I hear the sounds of the city and dispossessed

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!High Speed Ozwomp!Joined 2023!
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2023 @882.09 »

Kid Icarus: Uprising will probably eternally remain my favourite 3DS game. It's got impressive graphics for the system, and I think I got it back when I got my first 3DS, back when I was like 9 or 10; it's just really had a special spot in my heart since.

~~~~You can never tell the truth, but you can tell something that sounds like it~~~~
(she/her)
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

What's your favourite mobile game?

Started by NeonriserBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 35
Views: 4072
Last post March 22, 2024 @293.21
by georgemoody
the era of rpgmaker games

Started by cinniBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 27
Views: 4028
Last post August 16, 2023 @267.22
by Riqo
Your favourite gaming platform of all time (all time!)

Started by GuestBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 15
Views: 1741
Last post November 16, 2023 @124.12
by mahoroa

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi