Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 20, 2024 - @44.34 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 48/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :happy: Open the all windows! Your mind needs storms and air! :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ⚛︎ ∙ MelonLand Projects
| | |-+  MelonLand Wiki

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: MelonLand Wiki  (Read 2745 times)
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« on: July 07, 2022 @974.68 »

MelonLand Wiki

Hiii, ooph Iv been having one of those weeks where everything is difficult and I don't want to do anything :ohdear: BUT I did scrape together a wiki based on Ice's suggestion!

Still not 100% on the design yet :tongue: Also its very empty! So I hope you guys will write some nice things on it to fill it out more! :tongue: Please create pages and add whatever you want; for now Forum Rules and Guidelines apply to the wiki too please!

Im thinking its main use is to act as a place for community guides and definitions of things; the kind of stuff thats not so well suited to a forum. Everyone is free to edit everything, however please be respective and try to add information that is widely agreed on by people here.

To start writing on it you just need to log in with your forum account, so no new account needed! Lemmy know if you have any feedback or issues!

Enjoy :4u: https://wiki.melonland.net

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2022 @42.31 »

I don't know, I like the color scheme, it reminds me of cupcakes, and I found it easy and pleasant to navigate. :melon:
Pepyogurt
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Käse, käse, wo ist die käse?

StatusCafe: pepyo
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2022 @116.83 »

I kinda agree with Ice on the color palette. It isn't as 'out there' as other melon-esque sites, but at the very least the yellow background isn't that pleasing to look at for long periods of time, even if its fully readable...

Also, will talk pages be coming t:ha:are possible on this wiki? If you're not familiar, talk pages are common on most other wikis, and its where contributors can talk about the page's content and how it can be improved. If you want an example, here's a talk page on wikipedia, and here's a talk page on the wiki for Madoka Magica.

Speaking of wiki features: is it also possible to add templates to this wiki? As to what templates are, templates are snippets of code/text that can easily be repeated in articles via a template reference {{like this}}. Templates can also be made to have parameters for more diverse outcomes. The most notable template I can think of is the 'stub' template on wikipedia, which tells you that an article is a stub and needs expansion.

DJoftheCoven
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Eng. Esp. Fra. 한

View Profile WWW

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2022 @199.84 »

Personally, I think that the wiki looks really cute! I'd be very willing to add to it if or when I get the time. Thanks for making us something so cool on a week you're not feeling that well. Hope you feel better soon :4u:

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2022 @509.44 »

Wow a tough audience! I appreciate the directness and feedback! :omg:

Looking at it in the fresh morning light, Im quite happy with the Rugrats design; the yellow is softer than a harsh white and its much easier to read than most other colours. I gotta fix it on moble though!

As for the nav buttons at the top! There is a logic to them, each line has a purpose (login, wiki management, page management, search). I did test putting them all on a single row and that did not work at all.. ssoooo I don't have a better idea right now (although we could snap the whole nav section to the right of the logo instead of under it, that would raise the main article as Ice suggested).. I think when we've all used it a bit more we'll have a better idea of how to improve it.

Ultimately there is no design that everyone will like, however I think adding a dark-mode toggle might help for some of you? (Would that help with the harshness Pepyogurt?)

Also, will talk pages be coming t:ha:are possible on this wiki?
Speaking of wiki features: is it also possible to add templates to this wiki?
If you wanna dig in more its running on DokuWiki I think both of those features should be possible, but they might require plugins! I will defo look into them, but at the same time I wanna keep it super simple to start with so it's not intimidating for people to use.

Hope you feel better soon :4u:

Thank you :4u: Im going to the countryside today for a week, I think I just need a change of air!

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Pepyogurt
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Käse, käse, wo ist die käse?

StatusCafe: pepyo
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2022 @788.77 »

Ultimately there is no design that everyone will like, however I think adding a dark-mode toggle might help for some of you?

Yes please! :omg:

Edit: Also I hope your trip is fulfilling !
« Last Edit: July 07, 2022 @800.00 by Pepyogurt » Logged

m15o
Jr. Member ⚓︎

StatusCafe: m15o

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2022 @815.51 »

I'm so happy to see that you've started this wiki! It looks incredible too. :ozwomp:

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2022 @585.01 »

150% zoom on 1080p screen:
Oh you must have a really small OS scale, thats got it looks on a 4k screen for me!

It looks incredible too.
One thing iv found its that light site designs are MUCH easier to read in bright sunshine! I you'll you'll add some pages about your sities!

sig
Sr. Member ⚓︎

the great

iMood: sigmatic

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Certified chocoboGoose!Joined 2022!
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2023 @705.36 »

I'm interested in the wiki, what kind of things to be added by everyone do you have in mind Melon?

The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they go.
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2023 @752.28 »

I think the wiki is a really open concept - firstly its for info related to MelonLand, so anything related to the forum, the minecraft server, mastodon server etc. But I think its also a place for things related to MelonLand people in general, for example its a place to put a tutorial about midi's or frameset etc - those are the kinds of tutorials that you cant really find on the web because no one makes sites the way we do. I also think its good to document people and events related to the web revival etc.

So just a totally random list of topic that are all wiki relevant
  • Tutorials or guides for unushual homepage making things
  • Guides for getting into game making or visual novel making
  • Asset collections that might be useful for homepage making
  • A link list of cool links that might inspire people
  • Lore of the MelonLand minecraft server?
  • A history of Neocities
  • Tips for using the forum, or setting up your site etc

Basically the wiki is like a big shared scrapbook/notebook that people and add too - I don't really have any particular rules about what it can and cant have, as long as it makes sense to people here!

Hopefuly that makes sense  :ozwomp:

sig
Sr. Member ⚓︎

the great

iMood: sigmatic

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Certified chocoboGoose!Joined 2022!
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2023 @762.13 »

Yep loud and clear, I can work with that  :ozwomp:

The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they go.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Help with wiki styled gallery?

Started by LittleGr33nIMPBoard ☔︎ ∙ I need Help!

Replies: 2
Views: 604
Last post February 13, 2023 @844.50
by LittleGr33nIMP
Wikipedia appreciation thread!

Started by MelooonBoard ☞ ∙ Life on the Web

Replies: 8
Views: 1651
Last post December 12, 2023 @677.03
by myleszey
MelonLand Forum dream!

Started by MelooonBoard ☕︎ ∙ Fun & Forum Games

Replies: 3
Views: 952
Last post August 12, 2022 @438.36
by k4jtek

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi