Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 19, 2024 - @625.82 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 55/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :happy: Open the all windows! Your mind needs storms and air! :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ❤︎ ∙ Greetings and Introductions
| | |-+  Enter the Unicorn

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Enter the Unicorn  (Read 512 times)
Corrupted Unicorn
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: January 22, 2023 @384.59 »

Hello everyone, my name is Unicorn, Corrupted Unicorn. I'm an artist and daydreamer who is mostly interested in drawing and animation, but has also dabbled in 3D modelling, game making and a few more.

I started my website as a way to get away from my place of work's stiff, minimalist, closed-minded style, but it eventually grew to be a place for the things I make and the things I love. Thus, it's very personal, and while I don't expect everybody to like it (I didn't make it to be liked by everyone), but I hope some of what I write or draw about rings true to some.

Lately nowadays I haven't had much time to tend to my website, because there's a lot going on in my corner of the physical world (good things mostly, don't worry), but I've come here interested in finding a community who loves creating worlds, like I do. I'm not very skilled yet, but I'm enjoying the ride so far.

My interests include art (in general and as something important and meaningful to the human experience), animation, music videos, creature and character design (a few of my favourite forms of art), many nostalgic things like virtual pets, girl's toys from the 80's-00s, old PC games and web 1.0; learning about animals, people, and lately, nature and lesser known forms of art. Oh yeah, I also like The Masked Singer. A lot. :ozwomp:

I think forum formats are pretty great, on Discord I always find it's hardly the "right" time to barge into a conversation, but there's no issue like that in a forum. Hope to see you around soon.

RodFireProductions
Jr. Member ⚓︎

🍄🖤🐀

StatusCafe: rodfire8181
iMood: rodfire8181
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2023 @791.72 »

Welcome to the forum, Unicorn!

I personally think you're website is really cool. I quite like your two-face unicorn mascot.

we art, web dev, and game dev
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2023 @912.41 »

Hi! Welcome to the forum! :4u:

Iv seen your site on neocities a few times and for some reason I always read it as "Corrupted Unicode", but Unicorn is good too!

"Cool poses - A tinge of endearment - They often say my art style is "cute" but ngl I kinda hate that" I don't think cutes a bad thing - a lot of people don't have great vocabulary when talking about art, so cute usually means well - but we all wanna be seen a little more clearly than that right?

The Blues Brothers is one of the best movies! and Gigi D'Agostino is a legend - what your favourite hardcore/rave song? :ozwomp:

Ooo-- You've Received Melon's Welcome Pack --ooO
* If you haven't already check out the forum welcome post, and forum usage guide!
* New to website making? Here is a complete(ish) guide!
* Visit your look/layout to pick a theme and set a default colour/font for your messages!
* Feeling shy and unsure what to do? Maybe post a song you like here!
* Finally don't forget to share the forum and invite friends! We have some way cool graphics over here!

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Corrupted Unicorn
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2023 @963.59 »

Hi, hi! Thank you for the warm welcome!

Don't get me wrong, I like cute things as much as the next person, but I do not like cute as a default and cute as a forced thing. There are many aspects, physical or behavioral, that can endear us to a person, an animal, a plant or an object, and I think reducing "cute" to big eyes and heads and tiny bodies and everything else is... overwhelmingly limiting. I have many thoughts about cute, but I can also understand it can be hard to describe an artstyle and "cute" works as a compliment and a descriptive (my art does look pleasant, after all!)

The Blues Brothers is so incredibly fun, the music is so great and the action is so funny, I really like that one scene where Carrie Fischer blows up that apartment with a bazooka and the MCs just get out of the rubble so casually, as if it was an everyday nuisance! I really like this sort of casual, non-chalant approaches to situations. Neither what you expect to happen or what you expect the movie makers to do. Not tragic, not snarky, but a secret third option.

I love me some Gigi, and almost all his Lento Violento tracks. As for rave/hardcore, I think my main favourite artist is S3RL -
really like his remix of Big In Japan with Tamika[/url" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">. I'm a bit choosy when it comes to picking techno music - I think I'm more into artists than (still) broad sub-genres, but I'd love to discover new artists and give them a listen. :cheesy:

By the way, I hope it's fine to ask here, but how does one save their changes on the Look and Layout section? I'd love to set up a time format and a font/colour/size, but I think I'm missing something because they revert back to the default and I'm not seeing any saving buttons. :drat:

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2023 @64.56 »

By the way, I hope it's fine to ask here, but how does one save their changes on the Look and Layout section? I'd love to set up a time format and a font/colour/size, but I think I'm missing something because they revert back to the default and I'm not seeing any saving buttons. :drat:

You click the "Modify Profile" button at the top of the page- and dont worry, thats not your fault for finding confusing, its a bug (it should be at the bottom) - Iv been meaning to fix it for a while!! :ohdear:

I think my main favourite artist is S3RL
I was very into S3RL at one point in my life - your mention of them was actually why I asked :grin: Im not really sure there is anything like S3RL, but you might like LFZ?

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi