Home Entrance Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
March 29, 2024 - @131.70 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 47/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :transport: :transport: More is More :transport: :transport:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ✁ ∙ Web Crafting
| | |-+  Could I have some personal sites to use for a presentation?

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Could I have some personal sites to use for a presentation?  (Read 1025 times)
Swiftpaw

it/its

SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« on: August 03, 2022 @571.16 »

Hello! I'm not sure if this is the right topic, but I was wondering if you would be okay with having your personal site used as an example for a presentation on personal sites or the internet revival? It's going to be for an Otherkin convention in about a week but I'm not restricting the examples to just sites with nonhuman or alterhuman themes.

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2022 @601.52 »

You're more than welcome to use any of mine, although I think this is also an interesting discussion point!

Iv done a few guides and talks where I have used peoples sites as examples; in some situations Iv asked permission but in others I have not. It's a very fair argument that a site is public and therefor can be freely viewed by anyone in any context; HOWEVER there is a flip side to that argument by saying that highlighting a site in the wrong context could get it unusual any maybe unwanted attention.

In your case I don't think that an othercon would get the wrong sort of attention, but I would be curious to hear general opinions.

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
tarocchilla
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2022 @652.52 »

Feel free to use my site! Even if it's not otherkin related :smile:

On a side note: i didn't know there were otherikin conventions! Hope you have fun there! :4u:
Swiftpaw

it/its

View Profile

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2022 @751.99 »

Thank you for the sites!

Iv done a few guides and talks where I have used peoples sites as examples; in some situations Iv asked permission but in others I have not. It's a very fair argument that a site is public and therefor can be freely viewed by anyone in any context; HOWEVER there is a flip side to that argument by saying that highlighting a site in the wrong context could get it unusual any maybe unwanted attention.

In your case I don't think that an othercon would get the wrong sort of attention, but I would be curious to hear general opinions.

You never really know, which is why I ask consent. I've attended Othercon since it started two years ago and the first year a troll panelist got in and the second year a couple zoos infiltrated it who really didn't like that the convention doesn't allow them. Granted both times nothing serious happened and they were found out quickly, but as I said you never know.

But the plan is to portray all sites positively because the goal of the panel is to encourage people to make their own and using some examples to give people ideas! Now that you mention it though maybe I should emphasize that a website is public, and websites can always be posted to cringe compilations or any other bad faith places especially if you're otherkin or a system.

ggnonicon
Casual Poster ⚓︎

smush the eyelid

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2022 @814.90 »

I have an older, very jittery/funky site that could be fun to include.
It was my first site, made in 2020 :omg:k:

https://natolmo.neocities.org/

Also this sounds exciting! I'm curious to hear about how it goes.
Pepyogurt
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Käse, käse, wo ist die käse?

StatusCafe: pepyo
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2022 @777.04 »

If you're still looking for examples, I offer up my site! (https://pip-pepping.neocities.org/)

I personally don't think my site is that 'funky' or as eye-catching as other sites, but maybe a simpler site could encourage peeps who are daunted by more complex designs?

CooperationIsKey
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Something Clever

StatusCafe: CooperationIsKey
iMood: CooperationIsKey

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2022 @933.11 »

You're welcome to use mine! It's very colorful and perhaps a bit much at times, but I do so love it. :cheesy:

https://keysklubhouse.gay/

isopod
Casual Poster ⚓︎

real life isopod

StatusCafe: niceopod

View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2022 @176.56 »

You're welcome to use either of mine if you like!

https://isopod.cool/ https://deeptwisty.com/

it is now real isopod hours
lime360
Full Member ⚓︎

hi.

StatusCafe: lime360
iMood: lime360

View Profile WWW

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2023 @350.41 »

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Forum feature requests and Ideas

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 243
Views: 20444
Last post March 05, 2024 @666.35
by grubbyfox
xX Welcome to the Forum & Rules Xx

Replies: 0
Views: 5324
Last post November 14, 2021 @627.84
by Melooon
How to use a forum?! - A guide for those who have forgotten/never knew!

Replies: 2
Views: 3296
Last post April 22, 2023 @739.62
by Aloe

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi