Home Entrance Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
March 29, 2024 - @28.10 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 44/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :happy: Open the all windows! Your mind needs storms and air! :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ☺︎ ∙ General Interests
| | |-+  Do you listen to podcasts? If so, which one(s)?

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Do you listen to podcasts? If so, which one(s)?  (Read 3409 times)
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2022 @701.89 »

Iv been trying out a bunch of podcasts recently and this one hosted by Judy Collins (the singer) is really great, shes got some amazing interviews with people shes worked with over the last half century; I listened to two episodes back to back this morning https://since-youve-asked.simplecast.com :ozwomp:

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2023 @714.20 »

Another podcast that might interest people - Digital Folklore Podcast - https://digitalfolklore.fm/episodes/s1e1 - its about digital folklore aka the myths of the internet - the music is a bit dramatic and they have some ads, but when you get past that they cover some interesting topics! :grin:

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
sig
Sr. Member ⚓︎

the great

iMood: sigmatic

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Certified chocoboGoose!Joined 2022!
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2023 @760.27 »

Recently I started listening to the Podcast But Outside, which is a podcast (but outside). Basically the hosts just set up shop alongside some sidewalk (a different one every episode) and pay passersby 1 dollar to be a guest on their show. Listened to 3 episodes so far and it's just really interesting to hear the stories of random people, and it's also funny to hear them try to convince people to join in between the guests lol

The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they go.
Colliewood
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Ca-caww!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2023 @771.61 »

Right now I'm just listening to Eidolon Playtest, its a real-play tabletop rpg podcast for a game being designed by the DM and one of the players. they run two games simultaneously and sometimes crossover. When I finally catch back up I'll probably start up my Funcity Ventures patreon subscription so I can catch back up with that. Funcity is another real-play podcast but about shadow run, they're both super fun!

I used to listen to all kinds of podcasts, working in a job with a lot of independent work and having a commute that was upwards to 40 minutes of walking it gave me a lot of time to just passively listen, so Ive experienced plenty of different podcasts before. too many to name off the top of my head but I'd probably be able to recommend some if i know what someone is looking for.

She/Her Canadian anarchist. Mythological Post-Modern Urban/Folk-Gothic Decolonial of 26 years
spiders
Casual Poster ⚓︎

jsut hanging out. name is Nico!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2023 @329.61 »

ooooo some time ago (maybe a year ago?) i used to listen to Podcast But Outside -don't know where to find them other than on their youtube channel. They interview random people on the street or wherever they've been let in and it's very interesting to hear about everyone's life and such  :ha:

TheFrugalGamer
Sr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!Joined 2022!
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2023 @741.26 »

Another podcast that might interest people - Digital Folklore Podcast - https://digitalfolklore.fm/episodes/s1e1 - its about digital folklore aka the myths of the internet - the music is a bit dramatic and they have some ads, but when you get past that they cover some interesting topics! :grin:
This sort of thing sounds right up my alley, I'm going to have to check this one out!

Some of the podcast I'm listening to regularly deal with some serious topics, so I don't think they'd be appropriate here. But there are some fun ones that I like to plug whenever I get the chance. Finish It! is one of my favorites, and features two brothers who are reading through Choose Your Own Adventure books and logging all the endings. Maintenance Phase is also a really good one that does deep dives into wellness/dieting scams and the way the media presents health issues.

If you're looking for more, I keep track of all the ones I listen to in a giant spreadsheet here:
https://www.thefrugalgamer.net/blog/index.php?/archives/17-My-Giant-Podcasts-Masterlist.html

Tiffany
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2023 @67.99 »

Not too often but the ones I mostly listen to off and on is any from Dateline, Celebrity Memoir, FluentlyForward, Keira's World, Vice News Reports, & Voices for Justice.

appleAlc
Sr. Member ⚓︎

I hear the sounds of the city and dispossessed

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!High Speed Ozwomp!Joined 2023!
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2023 @759.93 »

I've been listening to the CEREBRO podcast as of recent; It's permanently affected my diction, and it got me back into the X-Men

~~~~You can never tell the truth, but you can tell something that sounds like it~~~~
(she/her)
creaturefeature
Full Member ⚓︎

StatusCafe: creaturefeature
iMood: creaturefeature

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2023 @70.74 »

Respect the Dead, a podcast that is actually  about talking shit about terrible dead historical figures and celebrities, kinda dark but hilarious. Althought sometimes you have more positive episodes like the one about Josephine Baker, which is kinda of informative.

Blissfully Aware, which more about fandom and the weird drama that is going on but I find it entertaining just the same

Citrus Scale is also about fandom but discusses fanfiction and tropes

Gender Reveal is where Queer people of different gender identities get interviewed and talk about their own experiences with gender and what it means to them

Cancel Me Daddy run by two journalists if you´re interest in seeing people demystify the concept of cancel culture

On the fictional side you got Murray Mysteries which is a mordern retelling of Dracula, and it get kinda meta with them using a podcast format to narrate their experiences.

King Falls Am is fictional Radio show that deal with the supernatural happening in a fictional town, has a bunch of quirky characters

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

what are you listening to right now?

Started by ArbyBoard © ∙ Music Room

Replies: 275
Views: 20749
Last post March 26, 2024 @943.85
by lilac
Why do you watch YouTube?

Started by MelooonBoard ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema

Replies: 54
Views: 5086
Last post February 16, 2024 @496.90
by georgemoody
Underappreciated YouTube Channels You Want to Share

Started by GuestBoard ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema

Replies: 47
Views: 3682
Last post March 17, 2024 @568.10
by Melooon

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi