Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 25, 2024 - @94.68 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 46/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ozwomp: Reminder: Forum messages stay readable for years! Keep yours high quality! :ozwomp:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ✁ ∙ Web Crafting
| | |-+  How do you stay motivated to work on your site

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: How do you stay motivated to work on your site  (Read 1251 times)
Numberedpaws
Casual Poster

He/It - Gay little number

StatusCafe: algebralien

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2023 @768.00 »

definitely need a motivation boost. Though, sometimes it's not only motivation but the fact my alters have stuff they want to do haha.

Hello! Hi!
m4cgyver
Newbie ⚓︎

A duck "walked" up to the lemonade stand

View Profile WWW

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2023 @481.26 »

ego

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.
BlazingCobaltX
Full Member ⚓︎

StatusCafe: blazingcobaltx

View Profile WWW

« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2023 @699.17 »

To me, the idea of having to update your site regularly is reminiscent of how social media forces us to keep posting or lose relevancy. I don't like that. Websites are completely yours and should not adhere to a schedule if you don't want that. I also think websites can really be 'done' at some point, after which there's little left to do except tweak. Don't feel like touching it? Then leave it.

krish
Casual Poster ⚓︎

The People's Princess ♡

Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2023 @4.17 »

I feel what was previously said in this thread very strongly. I view my website as a scrapbook and digital playground for me to create new pages and create new pages as I learn new things. Sometimes that's everyday for a week, sometimes thats once every two months. I think that we should embrace the ebs and flows of website building.

night-at-the-musian
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Rule 1: Throw the bone!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2023 @31.48 »

My site is a fan site and archive, so what keeps me motivated is the act of preservation! Finding an old ad or an interview recorded on a 2014 cell phone camera gives me a rush of joy I can't describe. Seeing the fandom rediscover these older bits and pieces keeps me going, especially the new ones who didn't grow up on the NatM movies.

Tiny Roman Appreciator

wetnoodle
Jr. Member ⚓︎

a silly lil goose

View Profile WWW

Participated in the 2023 Profile Design Contest!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2023 @63.78 »

I feel what was previously said in this thread very strongly. I view my website as a scrapbook and digital playground for me to create new pages and create new pages as I learn new things. Sometimes that's everyday for a week, sometimes thats once every two months. I think that we should embrace the ebs and flows of website building.
I basically use mine in the same way, its just a big collection of the stuff i make, enjoy and/or want to share.

ashton
Casual Poster ⚓︎

she/her

StatusCafe: angelribs
iMood: angelribs

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2023 @885.58 »

i also struggle w maintaining momentum on projects a lot, just in general, & it can be def really frustrating to really love/want to do something but have no motivation. for me and my site, whats worked (so far) has just been a desire to archive my own creations. in building it ive found a lot of old content i made years ago thats brought me a lot of joy, & i want to showcase that somewhere, even if other people dont get the same excitement out of seeing it as i do

Capybara
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Large rodent

StatusCafe: capybara

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2023 @959.66 »

I've had to accept that my activity is going to go in-and-out, since work gets in the way. Sometimes I want to write, but not code, or the other way around. I've started doing more things offline so I can leave things to be picked up later and I don't give myself immediate "due dates" for things anymore.

starbreaker
Sr. Member ⚓︎

is it any wonder that my mind's on fire?

SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!G4 Club Member!Joined 2023!
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2023 @3.56 »

I don't depend on motivation, but on self-discipline because that's how I perform my masculinity. Being a man, to me, means doing shit myself whenever practical. Also, because I'm a man, nobody's gonna do it for me if I don't do it myself.

rock operatic science fantasy and more...
(...all opinions mine unless attributed, and free to a good home...)
Daryl Sun
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2023 @332.44 »

For me, similar to previous replies, I look for inspiration from other people's personal websites. If there's an interesting page I find and I think, "Hey, I can also make something like that!" then I note it down in my little task list for my blog.

Recently, the folks at 32-Bit Cafe made a list of website ideas. I haven't read the entirety of it, but the first few suggestions have already sparked some inspiration in me!

emeowly
Casual Poster ⚓︎

StatusCafe: emily

View Profile WWW

« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2023 @404.98 »

Recently, the folks at 32-Bit Cafe made a list of website ideas. I haven't read the entirety of it, but the first few suggestions have already sparked some inspiration in me!

ive been looking for something like this for ideas for my site for awhile tysm for sharing!!

virtue
Full Member ⚓︎

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2023 @691.50 »

Simple! I don't, lol. Tbh I just work on it completely randomly. I haven't touched it properly in a little over half a year. In all seriousness, I only really use my website as an archive so all that drives me is "I need a place to put this new song" so I do modify my website to include it.

I <3 RANDOM MESSAGES!!!
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

HIRA's VSynth Works

Started by KAFKAPOLISBoard © ∙ Music Room

Replies: 13
Views: 2329
Last post July 04, 2023 @605.29
by KAFKAPOLIS
Best way to have a 2 column site?

Started by ObspogonBoard ☔︎ ∙ I need Help!

Replies: 3
Views: 1925
Last post February 13, 2023 @208.53
by fLaMEd
How do you prefer to keep your site organized (or not)

Started by NightdriftBoard ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 26
Views: 5782
Last post January 26, 2024 @915.29
by Paprika

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi