Home Entrance Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
March 28, 2024 - @884.34 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 41/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :4u: ~~~~~~~~~~~  :4u:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ⛽︎ ∙ Technology & Archiving
| | |-+  Enough about mp3 players, do you have a portable mp4 VIDEO player!?

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Enough about mp3 players, do you have a portable mp4 VIDEO player!?  (Read 884 times)
JackFrost
Full Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!BUG!?!Joined 2022!
« on: December 30, 2022 @783.30 »

I need a portable video player. Show me yours so i can get reccomendations!
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2022 @833.06 »

I think any era of PSP is a great 2000s portable video player :cheesy: You can get VERY large memory cards for them now super cheap - plus you can play UMD movies which are also really cheap in many old media shops. Oh and they can play games! :tongue:

The 1000 series is my fav, but I think the 2000 and 3000 series can handle bigger memory cards and can be plugged into a TV to watch your moves big! I had a PSP Go too - its a great option too but you'll need to mod it to play backups games since the PS store no longer works. As for the Vita.. I had one but I never liked it much? But it can totally play movies too.

(The first gen bundle came with a cool media remote too so you could use it like a walkman!)

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
JackFrost
Full Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!BUG!?!Joined 2022!
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2022 @879.19 »

I might get a psp. I was planning on using it to play games and listen to music too, as well as read manga!
SilkSkull

iMood: SilkSkull
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!MARIO64.PNGCool Dude AwardJoined 2022!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2023 @318.83 »

As a person who deeply loves the psp and the homebrewing of it. It is excellent at all of those and more!!!

She/Her
"Will you stop adding lampposts to my games?"

CooperationIsKey
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Something Clever

StatusCafe: CooperationIsKey
iMood: CooperationIsKey

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2023 @444.39 »

I mean I used to watch video on my (modded) iPod Nano.

This tiny postage-stamp sized screen was a great boredom killer before I had a smartphone, lol!

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2023 @702.05 »

I watched YouTube using my Nokia N95. :tongue:
creaturefeature
Full Member ⚓︎

StatusCafe: creaturefeature
iMood: creaturefeature

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2023 @836.19 »

does a 3ds count? i mean i used it mostly for youtube but still

CyberCat2000
Casual Poster

Astral Dragon Mech Pilot

StatusCafe: cybercat2000

View Profile WWW

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2023 @149.35 »

Recently, I've been eying one of these: a Creative Zen Portable Media Center!

It's basically Microsoft's first attempt at competing against the iPod... if you could call it that. It's actually bigger than it, so really, it's meant for a different audience. Still an interesting piece of tech. (And one where you can actually remove the battery easily! Take notes, rest of the tech industry...)

Besides this, I also have a few target MP3 players that could work. The 5th-gen iPod Classic (for RockBox), Toshiba Gigabeat S (runs a newer version of the Portable Media Center software, incidentally), and the first-gen Zune (which I want to get mostly because I'm afraid once Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 3 comes out, it'll increase the values of Zunes everywhere, as what happened with a certain Walkman when Volume 2 came out...)

debleb
Full Member ⚓︎

He/him, scaley tailey dragon

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Goose!Pocket Icelogist!High Speed Ozwomp!Joined 2022!
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2023 @416.09 »

i don’t have a dedicated video player but i do have a hacked 3DS which i can use to watch 3D videos  :evil:

the resolution’s kind of low cuz 3DS but it looks fine on the small screen and the 3D effect makes up for it tbh. 3D screens aren’t exactly something you can get too easily now and not having to wear glasses for it is cool (i already wear glasses and having to double stack glasses when i see a 3D movie at a cinema is interesting alright  :ohdear: ).

tbh my 3DS is like my number one all-in-one media player. i can play games, emulate a butt load of retro games, listen to MP3s and watch videos!  :chef:  there’s even custom youtube clients for it now that the official one has gone down.

"I would have thought you to be above something so banal as despair. Am I mistaken?"

Cobra!
Hero Member ⚓︎

’S fhearr Albais bhriste na Albais sa chiste

StatusCafe: cobradile
iMood: Cobradile
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2023 @772.33 »

I had a 6th generation iPod Classic that I put videos on. Well, I still have it, but the hard drive failed on it, and the hard drive is proprietary, and is difficult if not impossible to find a replacement.

Nowadays if I want to watch a film on the go, I bring my PSP and a few films on UMD video.

I think any era of PSP is a great 2000s portable video player :cheesy: You can get VERY large memory cards for them now super cheap - plus you can play UMD movies which are also really cheap in many old media shops. Oh and they can play games! :tongue:

Yeah, I tend to prefer UMD movies, and I don't think I'd be able to explain why, I just think they're so cool and a perfect portable format for someone like me!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2023 @773.94 by Cobra! » Logged

“Snooping as usual, I see?”
Frost Sheridan
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Dragon of the Digital Plane

StatusCafe: frostsheridan
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!G4 Club Member!Joined 2022!
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2023 @797.28 »

I had a 6th generation iPod Classic that I put videos on. Well, I still have it, but the hard drive failed on it, and the hard drive is proprietary, and is difficult if not impossible to find a replacement.

huh, i thought that all ipods used a standard 1.8" ZIF hard drive. i could be wrong, but if that's the case for the 6th gen classics as well, then you can just replace the drive with something like this KingSpec ZIF SSD. i used one of those SSDs to replace the failing 1.8" ZIF hard drive in my vaio UX UMPC, and it's been working great.

[ [ where delusions dwell . . . ] ]

CyberCat2000
Casual Poster

Astral Dragon Mech Pilot

StatusCafe: cybercat2000

View Profile WWW

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2023 @947.55 »

huh, i thought that all ipods used a standard 1.8" ZIF hard drive. i could be wrong, but if that's the case for the 6th gen classics as well, then you can just replace the drive with something like this KingSpec ZIF SSD. i used one of those SSDs to replace the failing 1.8" ZIF hard drive in my vaio UX UMPC, and it's been working great.

AFAIK, it does seem like even the 6th-gen iPod Classic also uses the 1.8" ZIF HDD. Another (more expensive) option is the iFlash Solo, and it says it works with 5th and 6th-gen iPods.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Ozwomp's Voyage in Cyberspace - Video Project

Started by MelooonBoard ➶ ∙ Art Gallery

Replies: 3
Views: 1799
Last post December 06, 2021 @791.33
by Melooon
Video Game SFX Quiz

Started by ObspogonBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 12
Views: 2238
Last post February 11, 2024 @11.47
by litten
what game do u want to play but havent yet?

Started by 2010Board ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 53
Views: 5604
Last post October 07, 2023 @975.13
by Scootarooni

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi