Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 19, 2024 - @356.27 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 55/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :dive: Are u having fun?? :dive:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ☺︎ ∙ General Interests
| | |-+  when they cry series (higurashi, umineko, ciconia)

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: when they cry series (higurashi, umineko, ciconia)  (Read 121 times)
orb
« on: February 23, 2024 @624.32 »

(i guess some could argue this could be put in the video games category too, but visual novels don't have much gameplay aspect so i guess i'll put it here)
have you heard of the visual novels part of the when they cry series? (written by ryukishi07) they are three entries, higurashi (the most popular one), umineko, and ciconia, each with their very own and unique concept, characters, and story, though all of their stories are interconnected. personally my favorite entry is ciconia if i had to choose, but i do really love umineko and higurashi too, all for different reasons. i read higurashi in 2021 and it was an awesome experience, i really liked the story, characters, the sprites, the ost, and it became one of my favorite visual novels ever. umineko i was very obsessed with for about 4 months, and i would read it almost every single day until i got spoiled.............. (please do NOT look up much about the game before finishing, except for the trigger warnings guide. i am serious) which made me take a break but then i started reading again until i finished it and it is very good. i just didn't feel or understand as much about it as i did with higurashi or ciconia, so maybe i will reread it someday.. going on to ciconia, it is sooooo amazing especially as someone that loves world cultures/geography. there are characters from all around the world, including but not limited to sweden, poland, iraq, algeria, romania, france, usa, japan, russia, finland, senegal, south africa, and more... (gunhild stanisław naima ishak stephania naomi jayden miyao/momotake koshka lilja abdou and rethabile are characters for each country i mentioned) ciconia treats real-world problems respectfully in my opinion (though may not be perfect of course) and it is very nice to see especially with such a diverse cast. the writing is really good too and there are a lot of funny moments in addition to the serious moments.. unfortunately ciconia is unfinished with no definite date that the other 'phases' will be released.
here is my tier list (i omitted very spoilery characters)
akesi
Casual Poster ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2024 @951.26 »

oh, I love umineko! I've been meaning to try out higurashi, waiting for a time when I have another 60 hours to kill, haha.

Without spoilers, solving the mysteries presented by the game was one of the most satisfying experiences I've ever had. After the 6th chapter I decided to sit down and piece together exactly what happened (theoretically it was solvable after the 4th, and one of my friends managed to do it, but I have no idea how lol). Genuinely you know a game is great when you spend over 10 hours just brainstorming with a friend trying to figure out what's going on haha. It's such a tricky sell to get people to play, "read a visual novel for 80 hours and have your life changed forever"

Genuinely the game is just full of some of the most awful people ever and yet it still makes you care about them and see the good in them. It's just remarkable
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Retro TV cultural/travel documentary series

Started by Deckade (Tolo)Board ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema

Replies: 3
Views: 557
Last post January 27, 2023 @201.83
by Deckade (Tolo)
Asimov - Foundation Series

Started by MelooonBoard ✑ ∙ Writers Corner

Replies: 4
Views: 456
Last post October 17, 2023 @43.37
by Melooon
Web video series: Game Changer (show)

Started by shevekBoard ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema

Replies: 7
Views: 554
Last post August 25, 2023 @945.65
by Finel

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi