Home Entrance Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
March 28, 2024 - @421.97 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 36/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ha: :pc: Hello Melonland! :pc: :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Games
| |-+  ♖ ∙ Video Games
| | |-+  Best Souls-likes

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Best Souls-likes  (Read 528 times)
« on: January 01, 2023 @144.21 »

I'm a big Dark Souls fan, but it takes so long for From Software to make a new game that I always get a craving in between. There are a lot Souls-likes, but a lot of them aren't very good. So let's compile a list of the good ones.

Ashen

I love the art style of this game. Everything has a faceted look with sort of impressionist textures. The coop is a bit like Journey, where you just stumble on other players who are in the same area, but I don't think many people are still playing it so you're more likely to come across NPCs. You're not really meant to tell which is which.

Death's Gambit

This is the only 2D Souls-like I really enjoyed. I don't think the Souls-style combat translates well into 2D, but Death's Gambit is more of a traditional platformer with Souls-like elements so I think it works out pretty well.

Jedi Fallen Order

When EA first showed this game, I thought it looked lame. EA's track record definitely didn't help. But if they had just said that it was a combination Star Wars/Souls-like/Metroidvania game, I would have been instantly sold. It's definitely the best Souls-like I've ever played.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2023 @152.01 by MamboGator » Logged
debleb
Full Member ⚓︎

He/him, scaley tailey dragon

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Goose!Pocket Icelogist!High Speed Ozwomp!Joined 2022!
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2023 @454.14 »

well it isn’t reaaaally a soulslike but if you like soulslikes you’d probably like monster hunter! excluding MH rise it’s got a similar sort of combat. and also everything before monster hunter world is pure masochism fuel lmao

"I would have thought you to be above something so banal as despair. Am I mistaken?"

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi