Home Entrance Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
March 29, 2024 - @525.96 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 46/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :happy: Open the all windows! Your mind needs storms and air! :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ☺︎ ∙ General Interests
| | |-+  [Open Call] Favorite Recipes

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: [Open Call] Favorite Recipes  (Read 1616 times)
Nightdrift
Full Member ⚓︎

Suspicious Activity™

StatusCafe: nightdrift

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!
« on: December 14, 2021 @40.98 »

The weather has been pretty nippy where I am at, and it got me bemoaning my utter dearth of good soup recipes.

It got me wondering if any of you have some favorite recipes, for any sort of foodstuff -- food, drink, dessert, etc. I'll have to dig up my Most Generic 7(?)-Ingredient Pasta ("?" because it might be less than that...) that I always throw together if I am feeling especially unmotivated but do not want to do takeout... but if anyone has recipes they would like to share in the meantime (does not have to be soup!), this thread (and I) would love to hear from you.

Status Cafe Profile
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2021 @71.59 »

A what a good idea! Iv been meaning to post more recipes on my site, at the moment I only have this one whitch I do make quite often: https://melonking.net/melon?z=/thoughts/recipes/lunchpasta

If your looking for soups though, Iv been making this soup 2 times a week for the last few weeks. Although Iv made some edits. I sometimes replace the bacon with salami and I also leave the bacon in for the entire cook; and I don’t always add cream but do cook it in red wine. Also I don’t use all the fancy peppers as I don’t have access to them easily, just regular bell peppers. I bring it in a flask to my studio! :grin:

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
cinni
Full Member ⚓︎

believe in your dreams <3

StatusCafe: cinni

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2021 @161.70 »

oooh ! :-O i'll have to try to dig up my favorite recipes or write down my recipes some day...

lately i've been really into making ice cream w/ my ice cream machine. one of my fav things to make in the summer is a frozen yogurt/ice cream mix. it involves...

2 C heavy cream
1 C greek or full-fat yogurt
3/4 C sugar
2 eggs

mix sugar+eggs first, then liquids. churn for 20~ish mins on the machine. add anything else you want! (this lends really well for fruity flavors, for ex. 1/4 C orange concentrate, or lemon juice+zest, or 1/2 C cantaloupe blended up & strained!) if adding chunks, wait until last 2 minutes of churning. :-) after 20 mins put into container and freeze another 2 hrs! with fruit, the more concentrated/less water = the better, as the water will crystalize ur ice cream :-<

ice-cream aside, i loved to use recipes from the post-punk kitchen when i was vegan, though i started eating dairy again lol. https://www.theppk.com/

Nightdrift
Full Member ⚓︎

Suspicious Activity™

StatusCafe: nightdrift

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2021 @158.38 »

@Melon: A recipe page, now that's a fun idea for site content! There is somehow too much pasta in my house right now, and I have never experienced Marmite either, so it is the perfect opportunity to hit two birds with one stone with that recipe.

Thank you for the soup video! :ozwomp: I find it helpful hearing people's recipe variations, it can be hard to improvise sometimes so it's good to know what works for other people.

@Cinni LMAO...the bravery of this suggestion. An ice cream maker has been on my radar this year, maybe it'll be time to bite the bullet once the weather takes a turn back to the warmer. I appreciate the notes on getting the consistency just so, I think that is one of the harder parts of homemade ice cream for sure.

The recipes from the PPK look amazing. Do you have any favorites from the list? The Earl Gray Chai Pancakes look and sound really good...truly, breakfast foods are the meals of champions.

Thanks for the responses :cheesy:

Status Cafe Profile
cinni
Full Member ⚓︎

believe in your dreams <3

StatusCafe: cinni

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2021 @301.70 »

@Cinni LMAO...the bravery of this suggestion. An ice cream maker has been on my radar this year, maybe it'll be time to bite the bullet once the weather takes a turn back to the warmer. I appreciate the notes on getting the consistency just so, I think that is one of the harder parts of homemade ice cream for sure.

The recipes from the PPK look amazing. Do you have any favorites from the list? The Earl Gray Chai Pancakes look and sound really good...truly, breakfast foods are the meals of champions.

Thanks for the responses :cheesy:

LMAO you *did* specify it didnt have to be soup! :omg:k:

as far as the ppk, i think some recipes are no longer up on the site? (but it's been a few years so my memory isn't great lol) HOWEVER i really enjoyed this spicy peanut eggplant stew (and i am picky about eggplant!) aaaand lately ive been thinking about making this dill/rosemary dumpling soup again...

if you feel like doing more prep work, i also loved these chickpea cutlets (made with seitan) or their recipes for mac n cheese using cashews, tbh i can't remember which specific recipe i used back in the day but i'm sure they're all delicious :-9 but a lot of work if you aren't vegan! haha.

i'm also struggling to find this exact recipe, but i used to make a moroccan lentil n chickpea soup with veggies n noodles, which i'm sure you can improvise and it will still taste good LOL as long as you've got some coriander n cumin etc!

another recipe i like to make is roasted brussel sprouts w/ a sugary/vinegary sauce, which goes something liiiikee:

1/2 C sugar
1/2 C white vinegar
lots of: sliced green onions, cayenne pepper, salt n pepper, anything else

wash n cut n half all ur brussel sprouts, coat in oil, salt + pepper and bake in the oven aaaat idk, 375F for 20-25 mins or until crispy at the edges / browned. i would keep ur sprouts dry so it gets crunchy. then i would cook the sugar + vinegar on the stove until sugar dissolves, then put in all the fun stuff and douse the brussel sprouts in it - and tada, the best veggies :-B

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

What are some of your favorite 404 pages?

Started by Icey!Board ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 13
Views: 3002
Last post November 11, 2023 @846.81
by wetnoodle
If you had the ability to eat anything, what would be your new favorite food?

Started by Icey!Board ☕︎ ∙ Fun & Forum Games

Replies: 29
Views: 2936
Last post November 07, 2023 @809.28
by Capybara
new crpg called Crab-RPG

Started by DojidaveBoard ☆ ∙ Showcase & Links

Replies: 5
Views: 1649
Last post March 29, 2022 @441.75
by OkayRelax

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi