Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 24, 2024 - @17.50 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 52/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :happy: Open the all windows! Your mind needs storms and air! :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Games
| |-+  ✎ ∙ Art Crafting
| | |-+  Any Fiber Artists Here?

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Any Fiber Artists Here?  (Read 615 times)
juniper-fairy12
Newbie ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: July 16, 2023 @933.33 »

Hello!
I'm new to this site and I noticed a ton of cool posts about digital art. My main hobby is knit/crochet though, so I was wondering if there are any other fiber artists here? I have a ton of experience and would love to talk to someone about the craft and share patterns etc.

Juniper

:unite:Juniper:unite:
glitterpigeon
Casual Poster

it/ae

View Profile

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2023 @954.31 »

I crochet and sew, though I haven't done it in month because of my hands.  :sad:  I am particularly into hyperbolic crochet, because it is fun and cool and you can make fake coral reefs with it! but it's not super useful for making like, practical things. I think that crochet is especially good for math art. at one point I tried to crochet a bunch of mathematical knots, but I did not get very far before getting distracted. I also like making sweaters with too many arms (was working on one with 4 arms) and I was working on making a pigeon hat, but I don't know how long all of that will have to be on hold for, crochet is very hard on my hands. I don't like using patterns very much tbh, I prefer to learn generally how something works and then improvise, taking only parts from some patterns if I need a little extra help.

I am also very into visible mending!! I am currently working on a big project with this sweater I have that has soo many holes in it. I have a lot of thoughts about visible mending, but I am tired so i won't write them here right now.

I am also trying to make a plushie of that worm from the labyrinth.

pigeons will save the world!!!
BananaBoots
Jr. Member ⚓︎

↑ Soooooo normal about him (lying)

StatusCafe: bananaboots
iMood: bananaboots
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2023 @967.04 »

I knit and crochet! I'm currently working on a mood blanket (it's like those a year in pixels apps but instead each day is a row) and a cardigan. Both are slow going, though, as I often end up doing various other things instead of those. In the past, though, I've made a striped scarf, two beanies and a giraffe plushie. :ha:

Boots (it/he)

CableCat
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Man I Love Frogs!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Worm!Joined 2023!
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2023 @973.48 »

I knit, crochet, and quilt!

"Sharing Tea With A Fascinating Stranger Is One Of Life’s True Delights."

~Uncle Iroh

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅☽〇☾⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
  *Help Me Hatch my Dragon Eggs!*
      Give 'em a click, plz!
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

emeowly
Casual Poster ⚓︎

StatusCafe: emily

View Profile WWW

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2023 @121.48 »

i make beadwork/beaded embroidery!

OneMillionFurries
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2023 @911.03 »

I use to make fursuits a bunch! I haven't really sewn much in ages though. I've been eyeing a plushie idea I really wanna make, but the pattern and materials cost moneeyyy :( Oh well lmao. Maybe one day!

almostcorporeal
Jr. Member ⚓︎

you are a violent and irrepressible mirable

SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Cool Dude AwardJoined 2023!
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2023 @686.61 »

I knit, sew, embroider, and cross stitch! (:

I spend most of my time cross stitching but I've been interested in getting into crochet, it's just one of those things I never got the hang of haha. I have a hook [that I used for knitting] but it seems to be too big for most of my yarn  :ohdear:

the reviews are in: "living legend amongst us with an acceptable opinion of Radiohead"
drakonic
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Matrix: Chat!
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Tiny Birthday DragonJoined 2023!
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2023 @671.89 »

I have tried knitting a couple times and want to get into crochet, but my one true fiber arts love is needle felting (dry). It's really cool how you can make little soft figures and gadgets by stabbing a couple bundles of wool many many times.

I have made a bunch of little animals and creatures... I currently have a needle felting project that's almost complete, but I sadly don't have access to my supplies right now  :sad:

floral-tears
Newbie ⚓︎

iMood: FloralTears

View Profile WWW

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2023 @8.43 »

I crochet :ha: ! I can kind of knit but get frustrated easily at my current speed . One of my recently completed crochet projects is This mushroom kitty that I made for a friend, I had a great time with it!  I'm currently trying to focus on cleaning up my yarn stash, which has led to me wanting to to frog and redo my scrap blanket. It's currently row-by-row and I want to rework it to be center-out; so it would be possible to go on forever and the proportions be OK. One one hand I think it's a good idea, on the other hand I always do stuff like this :drat: !

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

hello !! heres some art of mine C:

Started by 2010Board ➶ ∙ Art Gallery

Replies: 14
Views: 2933
Last post August 24, 2023 @939.38
by 2010
Share your local artists!

Started by GuestBoard © ∙ Music Room

Replies: 6
Views: 1333
Last post October 12, 2023 @676.18
by DiffydaDude
Crediting artists in the web revival

Started by NecrosiaBoard ✎ ∙ Art Crafting

Replies: 12
Views: 915
Last post March 06, 2023 @733.34
by Necrosia

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi