Home Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 28, 2023, 09:34:34 pm
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 55/24hrs Show Unread Posts | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Recent Posts
News: !<o  Reminder: Forum messages stay readable for years! Keep yours high quality!  !<o

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  Anime & Movies & TV
| | |-+  Old TV Advertisements / Infomercials
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Old TV Advertisements / Infomercials  (Read 142 times)
Melooon
Administrator

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW
« on: January 21, 2023, 04:34:11 am »

I saw this video and its not exactly an ad, but it made me think of making this thread!  \o/

Annnnndd here is a classic I remember from my own childhood (I still buy ambrosia rice pudding because of this ad)

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
MamboGator

Hwelcne cræft canst þu?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2023, 05:10:24 am »

It feels silly to get so nostalgic over ads, but old commercials are the best. I used to have TV Land as a kid and they would play actual retro commercials during the breaks, like this classic.

It made watching Bewitched and Happy Days feel even more authentic getting to watch period-accurate ads.

I also love it when the Cinema Snob includes old commercials in his videos, and all of the Nostalgia Critic episodes dedicated entirely to commercials.

Melooon
Administrator

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2023, 10:18:07 pm »

It feels silly to get so nostalgic over ads, but old commercials are the best.

There's nothing silly about it at all! Like it or not we live in a consumer society; the products we interact with and the story of where they came from is like our own personal story too. Old ads are just as important as family albums in my opinion  :P

Speaking of which I forced my family to watch like 2 hours of compilation ads one Christmas, they got really into it; we started a game where we had to draw our own ads and vote on the best.

Its really interesting if you start looking at ads from the 50s - 60s - 70s - 80s - they change every decade - they get louder and more annoying as they go.. the ones from the 60s you can watch for ages, but by the 80s they are actually really exhausting to watch.

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
thesolitarygamer

why do they call it oven

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2023, 12:44:09 am »

Friend of mine showed me this commercial, I don't think words can really describe it aside from what I can only assume to be what you hear when you watch TV during a bad fever.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines RSS | WAP2 | BBCode Help

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery!