Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 24, 2024 - @260.78 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 52/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :dive: Are u having fun?? :dive:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  © ∙ Music Room
| | |-+  Smash Mouth :(

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Smash Mouth :(  (Read 437 times)
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« on: September 05, 2023 @459.85 »

Im sure by now most of you have heard that the lead singer of SmashMouth passed away  :sad: I dont know much about him or what he got upto later in life, but I thought it was sad anyway!

Im not normally the type to be upset about celebrities, but I think over the years Iv internalised the lyrics of All Star so much that its a shock that the person singing it might ever have an end  :notgood:

Anyway; feel free to share your favourite Smash Mouth songs, stories or trivia etc!

Smash Mouth - All Star (1999)

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Snow
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2023 @651.78 »

I'm heartbroken hearing this news. Rest in Peace Steve Harwell. :"( It's terrible... his passing is not something I expected to happen so soon. All-Star is such an iconic song, and it feels surreal knowing the person who sang it is now no longer with us.

I've listened to a couple of Smash Mouth albums before. One of my other favourite songs of theirs is "Hang On", and I mostly remember it from that cheesy Cat in the Hat movie from 2003. Hearing this song now is quite nostalgic, makes me think back to the good memories I have of growing up in the 2000s.

Smash Mouth - Hang On
« Last Edit: November 21, 2023 @578.78 by Snow » Logged
purelyconstructive
Jr. Member ⚓︎

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!OG! Joined 2021!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2023 @714.54 »

:tnt: Sad news.
I listened to their first album, Fush Yu Mang, a lot around the same time that I started using the computer (circa 1997). :pc:

Cobra!
Hero Member ⚓︎

’S fhearr Albais bhriste na Albais sa chiste

StatusCafe: cobradile
iMood: Cobradile
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2023 @924.87 »

I've been listening to the Best of album I have since hearing the news. Smash Mouth were a very underated band. They had great songs that wasn't All Star or Believer!

“Snooping as usual, I see?”
MrsMoe
Full Member ⚓︎

Your friendly neighborhood living dead girl

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2023 @131.75 »

I've never listened much to Smash Mouth, but I think the saddest part about this is that his death was caused by his immense drinking habits. Apparently, he's been drinking ever since his son died  :sad:  :sad:  :sad:

Cobra!
Hero Member ⚓︎

’S fhearr Albais bhriste na Albais sa chiste

StatusCafe: cobradile
iMood: Cobradile
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2023 @136.66 »

His son died? When was this?

“Snooping as usual, I see?”
MrsMoe
Full Member ⚓︎

Your friendly neighborhood living dead girl

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2023 @145.63 »

His son died? When was this?

He had a son named Presley who died after only being alive for six months due to leukemia. Here's an article about it if you're curious.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi