Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 18, 2024 - @422.67 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 53/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :4u: ~~~~~~~~~~~  :4u:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  © ∙ Music Room
| | |-+  Is there a theme with the songs you dislike from your favourite bands?

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Is there a theme with the songs you dislike from your favourite bands?  (Read 335 times)
« on: September 01, 2023 @417.64 »

Bear with me, because this may be confusing, but...

I have noticed that I have a really wide general taste in music, but a very specific taste in what I feel a band should sound like.

My three favourite bands and artists all blend metal with pop in their own special ways. I like them BECAUSE they use pop elements in their music because I love pop music, but my least favourite songs by all of them are their most poppy songs. If the songs don't lean heavy enough, I'm not too fussed on them. But it doesn't work the other way. I'm completely down for heavy without the pop.

And it's not that they're bad songs either, because all of them are amongst the band's most popular songs and I can totally appreciate them as good songs, but they just don't work for me!

Is this something that happens to you? Are you particular about music within what you do like? What is the theme for you?
PurpleHello98
Full Member ⚓︎

'Cause I'm your girl, hold me baby <3

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: purplehello98

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2023 @669.78 »

My favourite group is Verivery, a k-pop group, and whilst I (anywhere from like to am completely obsessed with) most of their songs, the few I don't really care for or even dislike generally having in common that they bend to the "noise music" trend in k-pop a while back (that's still going on a bit today) where, as is evident from the name, the music, or the instrumental at least, is kind of just noise. This can be good in small doses or in certain circumstances---I've even come to like enough, if not love, some of their noise music songs, like Numbness, which I originally hated---but there are two that stick out a bit. First there's Motive, which is only slightly weirder than the rest, until you realize that doesn't at all fit with its A-side, "Tap Tap", which is an upbeat, colourful pop-rock love song with a lot of retro inspiration, but it had been teased on the physical version of their previous release as a sort of "what's next" tradition this group has, so I feel like the company felt they had to stick with it. Here's the highlight medley for the single to get a feel between the differences between Tap Tap and Motive coming right after it.

But Motive really isn't that bad, just a little bizarre, and its stellar A-side generally makes me forget its transgressions. Their one song so far that I'd say is actually bad is the official remix of their song G.B.T.B., which was already on the edge of noise music itself. The remix delves so deep into this trend it's actually kind of comedic somehow? Take a listen for yourself.

"As she realized what might have been, she grew to be thankful for what was."
-Elizabeth Gaskell, North and South

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

What's your favourite mobile game?

Started by NeonriserBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 35
Views: 4162
Last post March 22, 2024 @293.21
by georgemoody
Iconic Video Game Songs [Player's Choice Award]

Started by NightdriftBoard © ∙ Music Room

Replies: 24
Views: 3867
Last post March 21, 2024 @26.45
by konamiesque
Your favourite gaming platform of all time (all time!)

Started by GuestBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 15
Views: 1796
Last post November 16, 2023 @124.12
by mahoroa

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi