Home Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 28, 2023, 07:56:07 pm
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 49/24hrs Show Unread Posts | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Recent Posts
News: \o/ Check out the new FONTS!!! \o/

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  Music Room
| | |-+  Favourite Music Videos
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Favourite Music Videos  (Read 165 times)
MamboGator

Surf Gator

View Profile
« on: January 22, 2023, 09:10:08 pm »

What are some of your favourite music videos?

I always think of "South Side" by Moby and Gwen Stefani. It's a great lampooning of '90s celebrity culture and vanity.

Oh, and I almost forgot "Twisted Transistor" by Korn. When I first saw it I was young and really naive, had never seen what the band members looked like and was totally clueless about rap, so I totally missed the joke and thought those were the actual band members. I can now thankfully say I know who Snoop Dogg is.

I guess the trend is I like music videos where the artists make fun of themselves ;D
« Last Edit: January 22, 2023, 09:28:26 pm by MamboGator » Logged
cinni

believe in your dreams <3

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: cinni

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2023, 11:14:45 pm »

i just found this yesterday, but i am very impressed by the single take / reversal thing going on, so cool!!

Melooon
Administrator

So many stars!

StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2023, 02:42:40 am »

Praise You by Fatboy Slim - This is just the most incredible piece of counter culture; it was unstaged; the audience/staff had no idea they were in a music video.

The Sweater Song by Weezer - Another 90s classic; this ones a slow burner and kinda subtle, but it just sorta takes the piss out of music videos; its so low effort yet it pulls off so much! (I have no idea how they did that opening shot)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2023, 02:48:21 am by Melooon » Logged

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
AniMango

Burrenyuu~

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2023, 04:09:40 am »

The best music video of all time would have to be virtual insanity

I still don’t know how they did this after watching this a hundred times i feel like i’m going (virtually) insane!!!!  :o
MamboGator

Surf Gator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2023, 04:40:07 am »

Praise You by Fatboy Slim - This is just the most incredible piece of counter culture; it was unstaged; the audience/staff had no idea they were in a music video.

I love this song but never knew the story behind the music video. That's a cool bit of history.

The Sweater Song by Weezer

I've never been a Weezer fan, but you reminded me of "Sweater" by Willow. The whole music video is projected on a screen around the singer and is really cool.

The best music video of all time would have to be virtual insanity

I still don’t know how they did this after watching this a hundred times i feel like i’m going (virtually) insane!!!!  :o

It looks like the walls and camera are moving while anything on the floor is staying in place, or maybe a sliding surface on the floor being dragged around? The way he has to keep his feet moving to stay in one place makes me think it's one of those. Either way the walls definitely look detached from the floor.

On that note, does anyone else confuse Jamiroquai with Jordy Birch? They don't look or sound alike but their names are just similar enough that I always mix them up.

t0lo

Feel free to email me and be pen pals :)

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2023, 08:52:31 am »

I really like Daft Punk's Fresh, the dog is such a great self-insert character.

Aaaand here's one featuring my home city  8)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2023, 08:55:38 am by t0lo » Logged
dotmidi

oh love, like liquid falling / falling in cascades

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2023, 04:31:42 pm »

ANYTHING WITH FLAT ERIC IN IT  :4u: :transport: :transport: :transport:
I adore the little muppet guy (he was officially produced BY jim henson studios fun fact)
This isnt usually the genre of music i'm into but it is genuinely one of my absolute favorite music videos

this one isnt neccessarily an official music video but god do i adore it just as much it is so SO iconic
my first time seeing this my whole world changed
CooperationIsKey

Something Clever

StatusCafe: CooperationIsKey
iMood: CooperationIsKey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2023, 11:36:36 pm »

I love me some nerdcore, and these two videos by The Stupendium, for Five Nights At Freddy's Security Breach and Poppy's Playtime respectively, are so fun. Major earworms too!

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines RSS | WAP2 | BBCode Help

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery!