Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 19, 2024 - @201.61 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Four Star Posts: 56/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ha: :pc: Hello Melonland! :pc: :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ❤︎ ∙ Greetings and Introductions
| | |-+  Lulu Introduction

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Lulu Introduction  (Read 412 times)
Lulu Finks

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: January 29, 2023 @71.59 »

Hello and welcome... I go by Lulu and use any pronouns. I'm here because a Swedish catgirl hacked the TSA's no fly list and led me down a rabbit hole with her website that led me to discover there are parts of the web that seem like something I'd genuinely enjoy. I grew up online with Neopets and webz roleplaying forums, and have slowly felt more and more excluded from the modern web, where up until recently it seemed to me there were only about 4 websites to be on. In the spirit of participating more than consuming, I decided I'd give the old web revival a try and make my own website (I know nothing about coding yet, so it's still a WIP).

I like pretty much anything that has some soul in it, but I'm specifically interested in philosophy, cultural studies, psychology, art, environmental science, and the absolute worst movies anyone has laid eyes on. I'm also obsessed with Lupin III. I'm learning how to draw and watercolor right now, and I guess also how to build a website? Occasionally I write about stuff I find interesting or League of Legends fanfiction.

Overall I think I was drawn to this website because of the philosophy it purports. I actually found it on a Monday and saw that it was closed — instantly sold. I remember when the web used to be full of silly things, and social media was about having fun, not keeping you constantly refreshing. Corporations have taken over the internet and turned it into something to be sold back to us, not enjoyed. But as a terminal recluse, in a pandemic no less, I want to be able to use the net as a place to express myself, see other people expressing themselves, and create bonds. So I hope I will find some of that here.
ivy
Casual Poster

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2023 @118.16 »

Welcome, Lulu! Can't wait to see your website! :unite:

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2023 @267.28 »

Hi lulu, welcome to the forum :grin:

Thank you for mentioning the closed page! It was actually a huge stress relief to set that up (but I was also worried people would be disappointed by it); after years of my site constantly exposing a certain version of my personality; having a day where its shut down and I get to disappear again is so refreshing, and I think it makes the days the site is open matter more.

Those are all cool interests - Whats an interesting philosophical thing you like? Whats your top 3 artworks? Annndd how do you feel about the Leprechaun movies? :tongue:

Ooo-- You've Received Melon's Welcome Pack --ooO
* If you haven't already check out the forum welcome post, and forum usage guide!
* New to website making? Here is a complete(ish) guide!
* Visit your look/layout to pick a theme and set a default colour/font for your messages!
* Feeling shy and unsure what to do? Maybe post a song you like here!
* Finally don't forget to share the forum and invite friends! We have some way cool graphics over here!

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi