Home Entrance Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
March 28, 2024 - @721.02 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 40/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :happy: Open the all windows! Your mind needs storms and air! :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ✁ ∙ Web Crafting
| | |-+  Share your unused website/gimmick ideas

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Share your unused website/gimmick ideas  (Read 526 times)
« on: February 28, 2023 @574.41 »

Hey there,

recently I've been thinking a bit about ideas for how to spice up a website. I had some interesting concepts in mind but then realized that I won't ever use any of them for my own websites due to time constraints, concept mismatches or other related issues. But it would be a shame if they went to waste! :defrag:

I don't think it particularly fits my personal website, but a rudimentary weather system would be kind of cool; having a little forecast and randomized weather effects on your site just as a bit of flavor. Making it more likely to snow in winter or rain in spring.

So, for inspiration, how about y'all share your yet-unused ideas for websites and website gimmicks? Maybe someone can make them a reality when you don't want to!
levya
Full Member ⚓︎

just a little creature (she/her)

View Profile WWW

Participated in the 2023 Profile Design Contest!First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2023 @719.07 »

ooh a weather system would be really cool! and it'd probably fit with my personal site being like a virtual outdoor space :o

I don't think I have any wildly creative ideas, but there are some things I want to implement eventually!
  • an events page that I can change based on whatever holiday or event is going on. like for New Year's I can have fireworks and maybe draw some art of my characters partying, on Valentine's Day I can make some Valentine's cards, etc.
  • different skins for my website, so if people don't like how pink my site is they can browse in blue or black or something.
  • a character on the 404 page who you can play a choose your own adventure type game with, to make finding broken links more fun haha

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!The Smallest Ozwomp Known To ManBug!
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2023 @2.62 »

Ooh this is a good idea for a topic; here are a few ideas from my notes!
  • A site that generates totally random comic strips out of MOMG gifs.
  • A community directory service where people rate sites as they browse using an extension, sites in the directory are ranked based on community ratings and categories.
  • A directory dedicated to websites that bring you a feeling of being in/from another world.
  • Offer citizenship certificates to people who visit my homepage.
  • Big Dump; literally a dump for files and images people can upload, displayed in a huge pile.

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Forum feature requests and Ideas

Started by MelooonBoard ⛄︎ ∙ Forum Info & Questions

Replies: 243
Views: 20428
Last post March 05, 2024 @666.35
by grubbyfox
Oo Animal Crossing Towns oO - Share your town!

Started by MelooonBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 8
Views: 1972
Last post November 07, 2023 @41.97
by soapfriendo
Share your local artists!

Started by GuestBoard © ∙ Music Room

Replies: 6
Views: 1307
Last post October 12, 2023 @676.18
by DiffydaDude

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi