Home Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
April 24, 2024 - @865.50 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Star Posts: 33/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ozwomp: Reminder: Forum messages stay readable for years! Keep yours high quality! :ozwomp:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Games
| |-+  ♖ ∙ Video Games
| | |-+  Desktop Simulators (games like Hypnospace Outlaw)

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Desktop Simulators (games like Hypnospace Outlaw)  (Read 974 times)
TheFrugalGamer
Sr. Member ⚓︎

Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!Joined 2022!
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2023 @684.05 »

Hacking classic Uplink. I used to be obsessed with this game!

Yeah, this one reminds me of Hacknet, which is also a terminal-based game and one I've really enjoyed. Hack-mud seems to be similar but it's multiplayer. Orwell is a game about surveillance that takes place in a custom OS. Then there's a game called Kingsway, which is basically an RPG, but the interface is via a simulated desktop. I didn't ultimately enjoy it, but that's because I'm not always into RPGs.

13BECC
Casual Poster

clowny clown cat :o)

SpaceHey: Friend Me!
iMood: 13BECC

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2023 @736.77 »

Hacking classic Uplink. I used to be obsessed with this game!

i've been meaning to play Uplink for a while now. I also got into HACKNET a little while back but never completed it.

it's the end of the world!

Leekleeks
Casual Poster

Professional Wallflower

iMood: Leekleeks

View Profile

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2023 @639.93 »

I love the idea of desktop sims, but I don't like how they've got like a bad/uneasy vibe to them.  I just played hypnospace this week, and I really enjoyed it! But I would rather a more wholesome approach to this genre.
PainterFight
Casual Poster

Trying Her Best (TM)

StatusCafe: painterfight
iMood: painterfight

View Profile

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2023 @595.12 »

The closest thing to a Desktop Simulator on itch.io is a game called Secret Little Haven, and apparently It's about a transgender woman logging onto the internet and seeing what the Sanctuary OS has to offer? That sounded wholesome! I'll probably play it when I have the money for it!

YoungsterJ4y
Casual Poster ⚓︎

im just a lil guy

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2023 @48.38 »

I recently finished Secret Little Haven, which is also similar to Emily Is Away. You log into the OS, chat with people, browse sites on the computer, play around with software on the PC (a tamagotchi clone, a Doll Maker etc.) and can write your own fanfiction in the word processor. The story also features some puzzles and passwords to figure out, and you learn to use the terminal of the OS. Takes about 5 hours to play.

God I LOVE Secret Little Haven, 10000/10 recommendation. Such a heartwarming and personal touch on gender identity in the beginnings of the digital age. I've played it quite a few times now, the climax still gives me chills. I love it so much. One of my favorite games ever.

"You're telling me these rats are all transgender?!"
PainterFight
Casual Poster

Trying Her Best (TM)

StatusCafe: painterfight
iMood: painterfight

View Profile

« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2023 @437.78 »

Hey, I just talked about Secret Little Haven earlier. I didn't realize that game was discussed already.

shevek
Sr. Member ⚓︎

˚₊⁀꒷₊˚︰₊︶꒦꒷₊⊹︰꒷

iMood: daintyeco

View Profile WWW

« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2023 @798.23 »

Needy Streamer Overload is also in this «genre» though it functions more like a disturbing virtual care-taking/time management that just happens to be in a desktop environment. It's good, it feels like a fast-paced Tamagotchi, though I wouldn't recommend it to everyone as the subjects it covers are rather violent and off-putting. It's certainly not a game for all ages, ahah.
I've started playing this yesterday! I kind of love how messed up it is while being in this cute style. To me it has a similar vibe to Doki Doki Literature club in a specific way (though they are a bit different in their genre and DDLC isn't a Desktop sim).
Haven't yet hit the 30 days with a million followers, but got a lot of endings and achievements already.

Odo was just an idea. Shevek is the proof.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

the era of rpgmaker games

Started by cinniBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 27
Views: 4083
Last post August 16, 2023 @267.22
by Riqo
newgrounds' art games section

Started by DarmodejBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 0
Views: 1165
Last post February 03, 2022 @906.33
by Darmodej
I'm addicted to sandbox games

Started by Icey!Board ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 6
Views: 1530
Last post February 22, 2023 @523.34
by Guest

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi