Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 02 Oct 2026 - @998.98
Forum Activity: Four Stars Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: inconvenience is counterculture :eyes: Guild Events: 14: animals
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Worlds & Video Games
| |-+  ⚽︎ ∙ Look ma, I made a game!
| | |-+  Solidad - A game where you save the sun!


« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print Embed
Author Topic: Solidad - A game where you save the sun!  (Read 4592 times)
skylerzap
Casual Poster ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWWArt

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: skylerzap

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Joined 2025!
« on: Spring, 08 Apr 2025 @650 » Embed

I know that looking at the title makes the game sound like OneShot, but I haven't played OneShot, hehe.

https://solidad.neocities.org/websitelogo.png

Solidad is my passion project that I've been working on since late December 2024 (I know that it doesn't seem like much at the time I'm posting this, but I'm trying to future-proof this).
It's an RPGMaker-like game made in Godot where the sun is fading away, and you have to save it. Along the way, you'll encounter foes like an egotistical art collector, or an emo kid hanging out in the forest for some reason.
At the same time, however, Solidad is also about a maladaptive daydreamer who is starting to rediscover a forgotten world she had once created, as well as some old memories she had also forgotten.

The game will feature a fully original soundtrack, an OMORI-inspired battle system, and tons of secrets to discover!

There is no planned release date yet, as it's still too early to say, but I'll update this thread with more details later down the line!

You can find some early screenshots of the game, as well as some songs from the game on the website linked here!

Logged

multimedia artist and (mostly) solo gamedev :3
Onio
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
First 1000 Members!Café ClubJoined 2022!
« Reply #1 on: Spring, 08 Apr 2025 @857 » Toggle Font Embed

It looks so nice! The songs are so cute! The story sounds so cool.. saving the sun from dying  :omg:

Logged
wodaro
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWWArt


I should be drawing
⛺︎ My Room
iMood: wodaro
Itch.io: My Games

Artifacts:
First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #2 on: Spring, 09 Apr 2025 @142 » Toggle Font Embed

This sounds like such a wonderful project!!! And the pixel art you've made for it thus far is incredible  :transport:  I also agree the music is super cute :3

I've been tossing ideas in my head about making my own RPGmaker game so I'm curious, what made you decide to make the game in Godot? Just so you'd have more freedom without having to worry about stuff like RPGmaker plug-ins?

Excited to hear more updates!!  :ha:

Logged

https://cinni.net/images/nature/plants.gifhttps://wodaro.neocities.org/dreams.gifhttps://cinni.net/images/nature/plants.gif
skylerzap
Casual Poster ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWWArt

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: skylerzap

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Joined 2025!
« Reply #3 on: Spring, 09 Apr 2025 @681 » Embed

This sounds like such a wonderful project!!! And the pixel art you've made for it thus far is incredible  :transport:


Thank you for the kind words! Though I do have to admit that most of the sprites are directly based off the style of sprites from OMORI... It's especially visible when you look at the character sprites.

I also agree the music is super cute :3

I've been tossing ideas in my head about making my own RPGmaker game so I'm curious, what made you decide to make the game in Godot? Just so you'd have more freedom without having to worry about stuff like RPGmaker plug-ins?


To be honest, the main thing that made me want to make the game in Godot was just stubbornness. Why learn an entirely new set of tools when I can just use the tools I already know how to use? Although, the project would've probably been months ahead if I had just used RPGMaker...

And about the music, thanks to both you and Onio for the compliments! Mario music has been my biggest inspiration, hehe.


Logged

multimedia artist and (mostly) solo gamedev :3
fawn
Jr. Member ⚓︎
**
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: anonbug
iMood: anonbug
PicMix: anonbug

Artifacts:
a fawn for a fawn! ????Joined 2025!
« Reply #4 on: Spring, 13 Apr 2025 @172 » Toggle Font Embed

This looks delightful and I'm excited to see where it goes! I've turned on alerts for this thread so I can keep up with any updates and progress :) Thank you for sharing!

Logged

"something beautiful is going to happen"
skylerzap
Casual Poster ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWWArt

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: skylerzap

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Joined 2025!
« Reply #5 on: Spring, 22 Apr 2025 @703 » Embed

sorry for the long wait, but here's the first devlog for the project, posted on my blog!
https://skylerzap.com/blog/5

the tldr for it is just that the project isn't dead, and i'm still working on it. i also need to finish spriting everything.

Logged

multimedia artist and (mostly) solo gamedev :3
skylerzap
Casual Poster ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWWArt

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: skylerzap

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Joined 2025!
« Reply #6 on: Winter, 12 Dec 2025 @047 » Embed

hihi!!! i know it's been like over half a year since the last update, but i finally made a new one!! this one goes more in depth than the last one, and talks more about what the game will actually be like and how it will play. hope you all enjoy it!!
https://skylerzap.com/blog/7

Logged

multimedia artist and (mostly) solo gamedev :3
fawn
Jr. Member ⚓︎
**
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: anonbug
iMood: anonbug
PicMix: anonbug

Artifacts:
a fawn for a fawn! ????Joined 2025!
« Reply #7 on: Winter, 25 Feb 2026 @724 » Toggle Font Embed

I've been away for a while so I'm only just seeing this but this is so exciting!! I hope it's been going well for you  :transport:

Logged

"something beautiful is going to happen"
Pages: [1] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe