This zone is sleeping right now! ZzzZZzzz

Better not disturb it! ~You go to the petrol station and buy a slushy instead, everything is cool!~

This area will open again in 000.beats!

(Learn about Swatch Time)

Some other zones are awake :^]


Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 28 Sep 2026 - @480.80
Forum Activity: Three Stars Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: It's the silly things you'll remember :trash: Guild Events: MelonLand's Seasonal RPG Jam
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Communities & Online Life
| |-+  ☞ ∙ Life on the Web
| | |-+  ☁︎ ∙ Web Spelunking (Links)
| | | |-+  Plug Socket Museum


« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print Embed
Author Topic: Plug Socket Museum  (Read 1876 times)
Còbra!
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWW


’S fhearr Albais bhriste na Albais sa chiste
⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: cobradile
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!
iMood: Cobradile
Itch.io: My Games
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Great Posts PacmanHappy Birthday 2k24 !First 1000 Members!OG! Joined 2021!
« on: Spring, 02 Apr 2023 @340 » Toggle Font Embed

I just stumbled across this interesting site that is trying to document every kind of plug socket and plug types that have ever existed.

It’s called the Plug Socket Museum.

I had no idea so many plug types existed, and still exist, in the world. Nor did I think there was so much that goes into a plug socket design. I really admire the dedication of these guys.

What do you guys think?

Logged


http://internetometer.com/image/51163.png

https://i.imgur.com/leo4ZYP.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/C3gPKb3.png"He/Him (Nature green star)""Cis Ally""Pan: Straight Lean"https://i.imgur.com/kI850Ts.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/pkY2oAO.pnghttps://imgur.com/QUBFnZD.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/cjVsXOX.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/G8AyR6r.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/0HBKL8H.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/YMPbu9R.png

“Snooping as usual, I see?”
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWWArt


So many stars!
⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
You're a Star!Flinstone VitaminWavy Shoulder-Length Hair with BangsBug!Top HatI got robbed by Dan Q on Melonland!
« Reply #1 on: Spring, 02 Apr 2023 @504 » Toggle Font Embed

Plug history can be super interesting! And not just mains plugs, computer ones too! Molex plugs were originally invented and made by a family business that made flower pots out of industrial waste.

I feel like I lived the full electrical history, the house I grew up in still had its 1870s electrical system alongside some more modern additions. So we still had ceramic mechanical light switches and wires in little wooden boxes (no 19th century plugs, they didn't exist yet, just lightbulb sockets)

We had family friends who still had their gas lighting system and no electricity, so I got to live with that system too!

Later on, we used to stay in a house in a house that had the 1930s round plugs, (Old Britsih Standard). Although I don't know any houses that still use them now  :sad:

I think about Tom Scott's video about the design of UK plugs a lot!

Logged


everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered

Artifact Swap: black n cyan yappin kittayHave a chillpillThe Wizards OrbRed Tulip100 coins<3eyntivemds pet fishcurious fish
doubleincision
Sr. Member
****
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room
iMood: doubleincision

Artifacts:
Great Posts PacmanFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #2 on: Spring, 02 Apr 2023 @944 » Embed

i love this little dude from Denmark!
https://www.plugsocketmuseum.nl/DK/DK_socket_EDB.jpg

Logged

https://i.imgur.com/VboGEkt.gif

Pages: [1] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Enter Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe