This zone is sleeping right now! ZzzZZzzz

Better not disturb it! ~You go to the petrol station and buy a slushy instead, everything is cool!~

This area will open again in 000.beats!

(Learn about Swatch Time)

Some other zones are awake :^]


Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 05 Oct 2026 - @802.00
Forum Activity: Three Stars Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: :seal: Thank you for today! :seal: Guild Events: TIME FOR HALLOWEEN CRAFTS!
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Da Web Revival
| |-+  ✁ ∙ Web Crafting
| | |-+  HTML and CSS code you ALWAYS forget?


« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print Embed
Author Topic: HTML and CSS code you ALWAYS forget?  (Read 2029 times)
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWWArt


So many stars!
⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
You're a Star!Flinstone VitaminWavy Shoulder-Length Hair with BangsBug!Top HatI got robbed by Dan Q on Melonland!
« on: Summer, 04 Jul 2023 @830 » Toggle Font Embed

Sometimes you just cant learn things; no matter how many times you have to do them, you end up having to look them up anyway!?!?

For me its linking CSS files, I can never remember this line:  :ohdear:
Code
<link href="/styles/common.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" />

Also tables; do the <tr>'s go in the <td>'r or.. no its the other way round.. and is a <th> or a <td> the one I want..

What are the codes you have a hard time remembering??  :dunno:

« Last Edit: Summer, 05 Jul 2023 @965 by Melooon » Logged


everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered

Artifact Swap: black n cyan yappin kittayHave a chillpillRed Tulip100 coins<3curious fish
Memory
Guest

« Reply #1 on: Summer, 04 Jul 2023 @905 » Embed

Same brain here for the table! I can never remember the specific order of elements there, and always end up referring to previous code or copying and pasting a template LOL.

I also routinely forget to add target=_blank at the end of my links, as well as that favicon line of code!
Code
<link rel="icon" type="image/x-icon" href="/images/favicon.ico">

I've no idea why! Because I use all of these things near enough every day LOL!  :dive: But just like you said;
Sometimes you just cant learn things; no matter how many times you have to do them,

Logged
shevek
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWW


˚₊⁀꒷₊˚︰₊︶꒦꒷₊⊹︰꒷
⛺︎ My Room
iMood: daintyeco

Artifacts:
Great Posts PacmanThanks for being rad!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #2 on: Summer, 04 Jul 2023 @913 » Toggle Font Embed

I think ahead so hard to the actual CSS, HTML etc. that I wanna write so when I sit down to actually write, I suddenly blank out and forget the first few lines...

so

Code
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>

<head>
    <meta charSet="utf-8" />
    <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width" />
    <title>the title</title>
    <meta name="title" content="the title" />
    <meta name="description" content="thee description" />

is something I have had to copy over from my other files like 20 different times now..
It's just super boring and I wanna go to the actually interesting stuff.

Logged

Odo was just an idea. Shevek is the proof.
kurohaato
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWW


Full Steam Ahead! (≧∀≦)ゞ
⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: rinrinrin
Matrix: Chat!
iMood: kurohaato

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
BobYellow FishThe World's Cutest Predator BurbyFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #3 on: Summer, 05 Jul 2023 @964 » Toggle Font Embed

I always forget how to change the fonts. I know google fonts makes it easy with their copy and paste but if I just want to use Calibri or something I have to go look up the code. And then the code's just:
Code
font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;

Logged

It ain't much but it's honest work

Artifact Swap: Snail Mail
TheNothingMonster
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWW


Hey psst! Wanna see something spooky?
⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: thenothingmonster

Artifacts:
Great Posts PacmanFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #4 on: Summer, 05 Jul 2023 @453 » Toggle Font Embed

I constantly have trouble remembering the flexbox properties. Dealing with flex is already difficult to comprehend by itself too lol.

Code
.flexbox {
    display: flex;
    flex-direction: row;
    flex-wrap: wrap;
    gap: 10px;
    /*etc...*/
}

For some weird reason I also find myself searching how to create iframes even though they are not that difficult to learn by heart. :drat:

Code
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>

<head>
    <meta charSet="utf-8" />
    <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width" />
    <title>the title</title>
    <meta name="title" content="the title" />
    <meta name="description" content="thee description" />

is something I have had to copy over from my other files like 20 different times now..
It's just super boring and I wanna go to the actually interesting stuff.

Same here! I have never memorised the meta tags. I keep on copying and pasting them around for convenience.

Logged

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Memory
Guest

« Reply #5 on: Summer, 05 Jul 2023 @506 » Embed

One of the HTML codes that I always forget and can't quite remember is that metatag to redirect to another page. Sometimes I have to open another tab and search Google DuckDuckGo for the code lol

Code
<meta http-equiv="Refresh" content="0; url='https://example.com'" />

Logged
Memory
Guest

« Reply #6 on: Summer, 05 Jul 2023 @676 » Embed

I usually use existing pages on my site as reference, so I don't actually need to type any of these more obscure tags. :evil:

Logged
fizzylimesoda
Sr. Member ⚓︎
****
View Profile WWWArt


⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: lime360
XMPP: Chat!
iMood: lime360
PicMix: fizzylimesoda
Itch.io: My Games
RSS: RSS
OS: Bazzite
Newgrounds: lime360

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
First 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #7 on: Summer, 05 Jul 2023 @711 » Embed

the meta viewport tag

Logged

https://files.catbox.moe/jy0by2.png

Artifact Swap: u rock
Pages: [1] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe