|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
sloth_army1
Jr. Member ⚓︎
 


Armed with a predilection for the inapt ⛺︎ My Room
Guild Memberships: Artifacts:
|
 |
« Reply #20 on: Spring, 28 May 2026 @265 » |
|
I saw I Love Boosters recently, and it was o lot of fun. It's basically an anti-capitalist live action cartoon, which is really exciting since the last time we got something like that on a large scale (that us coming to mind for me right now) was like Speed Racer in the 2000s. This is pretty different from that, but it has a lot of it's own fun style and great comedy and visual gags. There's also great performances. Keke Palmer is great as the lead, she manages to deliver the frustration of living in a capitalist society while also being funny really well. There's also a ton of other smaller roles which are all fantastic, my favorite being LaKeith Stanfeild, who I can't say anything about, but it was always great when he was on screen. I've been meaning to see Sorry to Bother You, the movie Boots Riley made before this, for a long time, and this just gave me much more incentive to do so. I would definitely recommend watching this if you can.
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
fablefound
Sr. Member ⚓︎
   


they/them ⛺︎ My Room
Itch.io: My Games
Guild Memberships: Artifacts:

|
 |
« Reply #23 on: Spring, 28 May 2026 @753 » |
|
like @sloth_army1 i recently took to the cinema to see i love boosters!! and had a freaking BLAST!!! it's so goofy and colourful and also very clearly and cleverly anticapitalist, so like, genuinely, what's not to love? i've also had the main theme stuck in my head pretty much since i left the theatre.
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|