This zone is sleeping right now! ZzzZZzzz

Better not disturb it! ~You go to the petrol station and buy a slushy instead, everything is cool!~

This area will open again in 000.beats!

(Learn about Swatch Time)

Some other zones are awake :^]


Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 05 Oct 2026 - @887.03
Forum Activity: Two Stars Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: Love is not possession  :4u: Guild Events: TIME FOR HALLOWEEN CRAFTS!
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Writing
| |-+  ✎ ∙ Art
| | |-+  Film photography & printing photos


« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print Embed
Author Topic: Film photography & printing photos  (Read 1953 times)
elliebees
Casual Poster ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
Great Posts PacmanFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: Summer, 24 Jun 2023 @278 » Toggle Font Embed

Hey everyone !  :cheesy: I was wondering if anyone was into film photography ? I have a Polaroid OneStep+ which I use to take photos of special things/moments, and I also print off my favourite/most meaningful pictures I take with my phone camera. I have a little personal photo printer from 2003 but I haven't got in working yet (I think there's a driver conflict and I'd need to install it through a virtual machine of an older operating system).

I also found out that Kmart still prints photos, just to my knowledge not from film anymore ! You can upload digital files and get them printed as 6x8" photos (as well as other sizes). I also want to get into 35mm film photography, but its harder these days to find somewhere that will develop the film, and especially at a reasonable price.  :ohdear:

I do have a couple of photo albums I put my Polaroids and printed photos in:

https://i.imgur.com/WHe9q6G.jpeg
https://i.imgur.com/K4kRw0t.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/GAAJpAj.jpg

This coupon also came with a photo album I recently bought from a charity shop, I hope I remember to use it before it expires !  :ok:

https://i.imgur.com/gItkERa.jpg

Logged

https://i.imgur.com/TT8WI8k.png
CableCat
Full Member ⚓︎
***
View Profile WWW


Man I Love Frogs!
⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
Great Posts PacmanFirst 1000 Members!Worm!Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: Summer, 24 Jun 2023 @332 » Embed

I have a little Fujifilm camera, the kind of instant camera where the photos develop on their own! I like to take little portraits of people. I have a lot of retro-looking photos of my partner and I, and out friends.

I have seen old family photos and some old negatives, but the only times I ever had the opportunity to take film to get developed professionally was when my parents got me disposable cameras. Once for the Grand Canyon, and another for Disney World! Soon after the Disney trip, I got my first iPod touch. All the pics were digital from then on.

I splurged on the Fujifilm for myself because I wanted to try the medium again. It takes some great photos! There's also a novelty in only getting one single photo that really cannot be copied like a digital photo.

Logged

"Sharing Tea With A Fascinating Stranger Is One Of Life’s True Delights."

~Uncle Iroh

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅☽〇☾⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
  *Help Me Hatch my Dragon Eggs!*
      Give 'em a click, plz!
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

https://dragcave.net/image/LWEsG.gifhttps://dragcave.net/image/rcs0r.gifhttps://dragcave.net/image/ECXtU.gifhttps://dragcave.net/image/u558v.gif
elliebees
Casual Poster ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
Great Posts PacmanFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #2 on: Summer, 24 Jun 2023 @352 » Toggle Font Embed

The Fujifilm sounds similar to my Polaroid, its also one where the photos develop on their own. I like the novelty too of just having one shot to get it right. The film for my Polaroid is quite expensive so I save it for special occasions and moments. While I do wish it was less expensive, the scarcity of it does lend a certain special nature and uniqueness to the photos you take with it. Pretty much the opposite of a smartphone camera where you can take essentially unlimited photos of every little thing and they kind of lose their meaning. I've tried to recapture a bit of the specialness of film photography by getting my best and most meaningful phone photos printed.  :smile:

Logged

https://i.imgur.com/TT8WI8k.png
Pages: [1] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe