Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
October 18, 2024 - @243.38 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Stars Posts: 30/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :4u: :transport: More is More :transport: :4u:
Halloween Topics! Gfx + Costumes, Decor + Crafts, Prep, Horror Movies, Spooky Songs! ~ E-Zine #2 is out now!

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ☺︎ ∙ General Interests
| | |-+  © ∙ Music Room
| | | |-+  Who likes classical music here?

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Who likes classical music here?  (Read 161 times)
Stonmann
Casual Poster

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« on: August 20, 2024 @443.95 »

Anyone? It's my thing =3 I started learning piano a few years ago and I fell in love with classical music. Try and give it a shot! It's a really cool community  :4u:
mozelle
Casual Poster ⚓︎

she/her 🦄 unicorn <33 ૮˶• ﻌ •˶ა ./づ~ 🦴

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: sprinkleshojo

View Profile WWW

Shoujo 4everJoined 2024!
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2024 @451.85 »

awrhghhh do u have any suggestions ,, I tried 2 get into classical last year but fell down some indie rock rabbit hole instead (somehow ??  :drat: ) .  :sad:

i used 2 be into it big time when I would dance as a kid . the memories of soft tunes on the piano are just so  :grin:  :grin: ??? I would get into playing instruments more but my brain cant make it work .  :ozwomp:

Eunice
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Behind every great woman there is a cat.

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: Serennau

View Profile WWW

The Wise OneJoined 2024!
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2024 @544.81 »

I do! My favourite music is by Grieg, Bach, and Rachmaninov. All the usual kinds.
candycanearter07
Full Member ⚓︎

i like slimes

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: candycanearter
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Suck At Something September - Did It!uh oh! a pigeon got in!Artsy Candy CaneJoined 2024!
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2024 @592.18 »

Anyone? It's my thing =3 I started learning piano a few years ago and I fell in love with classical music. Try and give it a shot! It's a really cool community  :4u:

I adore classical music, tho I probably inherited it from my dad :)

new to oldnet be nice

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!a puppy for your travelsAlways My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!...
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2024 @595.68 »

Im farrrr from an expert; but it really depends on what your looking for and the kinda mood you want to express through your musical listening ^^ (I suppose that's true with most music, but its really really true for orchestral music)  :dog:

If I'm in a dark brooding mood or Iv experienced something quite emotionally intense; then Bach (particularly the Bach played on an organ is amazing) ~ Bach has a way of almost mathematically balancing on the edge of chaos and perfection; its dark but its also really fascinating and in some ways quite reassuring for me. I'd recommend The Art of the Fugue Orr if you're a vampire, than this one (Toccata in D Minor)  :tongue:

Wagner can also be super; but Id put his music more in the zone of high fantasy ~ a lot of movie music and lord of the ringy type vibes are inspired by Wagner. A good one here is Tristan und Isolde (The conductor on this video is super fun to watch) though in general I don't find myself listening to Wagner very often.

Orr if you in more of a Victorian high drama mood and you want to imagine you're in a Howls Moving Castle world, or you're on your way to a ball on a steam ship then Brahms is ideal! He was quite a bit later than the others and I think he struggled to try and live up to the expectations of older composers; I appreciate that :4u:

There's also a whole world of modern classical composing that I have encountered and been really impressed by, but I don't know any names off the top of my head!  :drat:

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
sozasax

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile

Joined 2024!
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2024 @748.59 »

I grew up listening to and learning how to play more modern, popular styles of music (jazz, funk, rock, etc.)—classical music isn't something I'm extremely familiar with. I like listening to it, though!  :grin:

My approach to melody and harmony, both as a performer and composer, is partly inspired by Ravel and Chopin! Some of my earliest core musical memories were of listening to "Etude Op. 10, No. 12" and the Prelude to "Le Tombeau de Couperin."

When I get around to mastering piano, I hope that I'll be able to play those pieces.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

hello !! heres some art of mine C:

Started by 2010Board ➶ ∙ Art Gallery

Replies: 16
Views: 3888
Last post July 05, 2024 @207.41
by 2010
Freeware music goodies!

Started by phodicaeBoard © ∙ Music Room

Replies: 5
Views: 2695
Last post February 13, 2022 @285.71
by easy_breezy
Free Hosting for Music - Cybergrunge.net

Started by ellievoyydBoard © ∙ Music Room

Replies: 7
Views: 2567
Last post February 15, 2022 @110.05
by ellievoyyd

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi