Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
September 08, 2024 - @123.59 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Two Stars Posts: 17/1k.beats ~ Boop! The forum will close in 877.beats! Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :4u: Love is not possession  :4u:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ☞ ∙ Life on the Web
| | |-+  ⛽︎ ∙ Technology & Archiving
| | | |-+  Your Favourite "Dead" Sites

« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Your Favourite "Dead" Sites  (Read 2512 times)
Thorn
Casual Poster ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2023 @861.02 »

I'm not sure if it's actually offline or if I've just lost the link forever, but as a kid I spent forever on this barbie website. It hosted SO MANY games relating to barbies and I would spend hours to traversing the site over and over again to play all the minigames. I can't seem to find them anywhere now...

I actually recently saw a post that mentioned this. The domain where the barbie games used to be hosted is still up and running, but Mattel uses it as a storefront and product information site now and doesn't host barbie related games anymore.

OwO Like a scientist
UwU like a punk
>w< like an anarchist
Memory
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2023 @923.63 »

Mattel uses it as a storefront and product information site now and doesn't host barbie related games anymore.
This is so sad. Pressing F to pay respects.

It would have been nice if they kept the games even in a small corner of their new site... I miss those so much, and it felt like it was a site made for me as a kid, rather than for adults which was really appreciated even at the time.
larvapuppy
Full Member ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2023 @114.84 »

Mine would be eLouai... I spent so many hours on that site playing the room maker game and dressing up the candybar dolls. I tried to play the games on the wayback machine but they don't work for me  :sad:

the end of an era, one starts anew
Tiffany
Casual Poster ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2023 @708.11 »

The Portkey Forums I use to spend so much time there, because Harry/Hermione was (is) my OTP, and there just isn't a community like that anymore. Like there have been replacement but not like the old forums, and the replacements haven't been forums.

garystu
Jr. Member ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2023 @417.07 »

More:

:cool: Real Ultimate Power. This site is all about ninjas, REAL NINJAS. These guys are cool; and by cool, I mean totally sweet.

:cool: Lazy R Us. For all u lazy webmasters out there!

:cool: The Infamous Exploding Whale. A website about a viral video about a dead beached whale being detonated. I think the link to the video itself is dead or in an ancient file format, but you can stream the video on Youtube here. But check out the website too, ofc.

:cool: Da Black Goku. Another Dragon Ball Z fan site. And Black Goku doesn't refer to the character from Dragon Ball Super. Check out the contests, they're about fanart and contain lots of pics that go hard.

:cool: EarthBound.Net Message Forum. An archive of a closed forum, the precursor to the Starmen.net forums I believe. A lot of the members were children at the time of posting, and its really charming.

gazafunds.com | Daily click for Palestine

xoxoxoxoxoxo
Signature Graphic ^^^ Credits
[close]
xoxoxoxoxoxo

myleszey
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Rabbit

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Two SSL certificates for the price of oneFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2023 @613.44 »

LetsMakeAGame.com Community Game Development. The epitome of 'user generated content' from a bunch of flash games - platformer, puzzle and music games. The domain was parked in 2018, a good long time after the peak of browser flash games, but several years before flash was deprecated altogether. I miss it, but there are better venues for kids to make things on the internet now... right?

It doesn't really count since it still exists but I still think of Pokemon Planet as one of these since the current product is completely different than the silly browser MMO it used to be.

Edit 10/17/2023: Just remembered Root Beer Reviews dot com!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2023 @614.62 by myleszey » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

What's your favourite mobile game?

Started by NeonriserBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 37
Views: 6468
Last post August 27, 2024 @582.13
by Bone-A Lisa
POLL: How many personal sites have you built?

Started by xandraBoard ✁ ∙ Web Crafting

Replies: 33
Views: 5786
Last post August 14, 2024 @142.36
by WK_0
I am new to making sites and I want some tips to improve.

Started by Icey!Board ☔︎ ∙ I need Help!

Replies: 4
Views: 2082
Last post December 14, 2021 @853.48
by Icey!

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi