Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 29 Sep 2026 - @50.36
Forum Activity: Two Stars Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: It's only life! :dog: Guild Events: 14: animals
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Da Web Revival
| |-+  ✁ ∙ Web Crafting
| | |-+  *Designing* your Website


« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print Embed
Author Topic: *Designing* your Website  (Read 201 times)
krongulus
Newbie
*
View Profile WWW

⛺︎ My Room

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Joined 2026!
« on: Autumn, 23 Sep 2026 @811 » Embed

I'm sure this has been asked here before but I couldn't find a thread on it.

People often talking about having great ideas for their sites layout, but knowing enough about HTML to implement it.

...I've always had the opposite problem! I know how to code just fine, but figuring out the websites design/look/style/layout has always been the hardest part for me.

I know what I wanna talk about and share, but not how to 'present'/organize it. Anyone got any tips or resources?

Logged
poesu
Full Member ⚓︎
***
View Profile WWWArt


So many links, so little time
⛺︎ My Room
RSS: RSS

Artifacts:
From Tuffy with ❤️lil custardVisited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!CattoJoined 2026!sunflower
« Reply #1 on: Autumn, 24 Sep 2026 @332 » Toggle Font Embed

I kinda have the same problem actually! I'm a fast-learner in terms of HTML/CSS, but I don't really know what I want to do with my site.

What helps me:
  • Look at other people's sites. In case you don't know where to look, I have a big list of directories and aggregators (sorry for being a self-shill). It doesn't have to be the whole thing, just take bits and pieces you like, screenshot or write them down in a to-do list.
  • Explore general art styles. Maybe art nouveau or minimalist or solarpunk or medieval or whatever, anything that catches your eye, and try messing around implementing something similar to a style you pick.
  • Ask yourself, what kind of sites you like? What kind of features and looks? What do you NOT like about websites? Maybe you can do the opposite of that thing. I know I HATE rounded corners (specifically squircles) with passion, so I decided to make EVERYTHING on my site sharp, even the scrollbar! (Works on on Chromiums, just fyi).

It took me a year to finally have a more or less cohesive art style I like on my site. Don't rush yourself, it's a work in progress that you don't have to complete, let alone overnight or something!  :innocent:

Logged

https://poesu.neocities.org/images/my_button.pnghttps://poesu.neocities.org/buttons/88x31/no_squircle.webphttps://poesu.neocities.org/buttons/88x31/accessibility.webp
https://imgur.com/kcQQAM4.pnghttps://imgur.com/6YtLZau.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/YMPbu9R.png

Artifact Swap: Ada the ButterflyRemember?<html>I met Dan Q on Melonland!MelonPaintIcecream sundaePuzzlingender pearl yappin kittayDripping inkyshroomoupyUseless nested <div>Shang Mu AcademyfunguyPhone's Ringing!Pastel eyebatLarge watercraftKitty KittyLollipopPink camera flashEyeSeeYou
Pages: [1] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe