Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
September 08, 2024 - @173.97 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Two Stars Posts: 17/1k.beats ~ Boop! The forum will close in 827.beats! Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :skull: Websites are like whispers in the night  :skull:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ☺︎ ∙ General Interests
| | |-+  © ∙ Music Room
| | | |-+  what are you listening to right now?

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] Print
Author Topic: what are you listening to right now?  (Read 26912 times)
ConnorTheVGFan78
Newbie ⚓︎

Can't let you do that, Star Fox!!

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: connorthevgfan78
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #300 on: September 04, 2024 @125.01 »

I've found myself listening a lot to this band named Good Kid recently. I first discovered them back in January when their cover of Laufey's From The Start got recommended to me on YouTube:

I then started listening to some of their other songs, my favorite of which being Alchemist:

Oh, and can't forget Mimi's Delivery Service!! Its animated music video is one of my faves!!:

Connor was here!!!
:4u: Have a nice day :4u:
1dkreally
Casual Poster ⚓︎

trying my best to keep it silly :3

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #301 on: September 04, 2024 @923.38 »

been listening to the tally hall (+ related) whole discography the past day or 2 after being a big fan of individual songs of theirs, currently on murders - hawaii part ii (which i already know and love)! :3

update: i am now very very hyperfixated on tally hall. i've been constantly listening to marvin's marvellous mechanical mueseum and good & evil and just a friend and miracle musical and not a trampoline and joe hawley joe hawley and yin & yang and shia lebouf live and light & night. i've been watching the tally hall internet show, i've watched up to and including episode 4 (including south by southwest 2007) and my favourite episode at the moment is episode 2, it's SO unbelievably funny i have no idea how they managed to keep straight faces filming it. this has been ongoing for a month please help X{
nuclearblues
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Heaven is a very large and interesting place

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: nuclearblues
iMood: nuclearblues

View Profile WWW

Cassettes !Joined 2024!
« Reply #302 on: September 06, 2024 @711.47 »

here's a bit of a film history lesson for context: so up until 2010, fritz lang's 1927 expressionist masterpiece Metropolis was considered partially lost. for a silent picture, the film has an extremely long running time of 153 minutes so a lot of prints of it had custom cut jobs done. combine that with the flammability and natural degradation of nitrate film if it isn't stored in the exact right conditions, and it once had the fate of obscurity that so many silent films sadly have. Metropolis was incredibly high profile ever since its release because of its gorgeous surrealist imagery and early establishment of so many science fiction (and particularly robot fiction) tropes, so a movement to find and restore the film started gaining a lot of traction by the 1970s. enter music producer giorgio moroder, who in 1984 pieced together existing footage to create a cut of the film with a soundtrack comprised of popular contemporary rock musicians including freddie mercury, pat benatar, bonnie tyler, loverboy, jon anderson of yes, and adam ant. as a film cut, it isn't particularly accurate to the source material's story and sort of feels like a hazy and surreal extended music video. but to that aim it is a FASCINATING hazy and surreal extended music video. it also brought a lot of attention to the film preservation movement in an era where it still wasn't a primary concern for movie studios, with a lengthy forward explaining the concept of a lost film. I've been listening to the soundtrack a lot lately, it's a gorgeous and haunting cohesive piece of electronic rock opera goodness. it's so evocative of a very specific period of time I think. I'd love to get it on cassette at some point, or the film itself on VHS.

Giorgio Moroder & Various Artists - Metropolis

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

Whats your life like? (Time Capsule Thread)

Started by MelooonBoard ⚚ ∙ Life on Earth!

Replies: 41
Views: 4898
Last post August 01, 2024 @945.76
by arsenicCatnip
Why do you watch YouTube?

Started by MelooonBoard ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema

Replies: 60
Views: 8287
Last post September 07, 2024 @193.80
by halcybutton
Underappreciated YouTube Channels You Want to Share

Started by MemoryBoard ⛺︎ ∙ Cinema

Replies: 61
Views: 6871
Last post Today at @10.50
by garystu

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi