This zone is sleeping right now! ZzzZZzzz

Better not disturb it! ~You go to the petrol station and buy a slushy instead, everything is cool!~

This area will open again in 000.beats!

(Learn about Swatch Time)

Some other zones are awake :^]


Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 28 Sep 2026 - @381.06
Forum Activity: Three Stars Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: :4u: ~~~~~~~~~~~ Guild Events: MelonLand's Seasonal RPG Jam
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Communities & Online Life
| |-+  ☞ ∙ Life on the Web
| | |-+  ☁︎ ∙ Web Spelunking (Links)
| | | |-+  Liminal-looking websites?


« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print Embed
Author Topic: Liminal-looking websites?  (Read 398 times)
Skyweaver
Full Member ⚓︎
***
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Joined 2025!
« on: Summer, 14 Aug 2026 @972 » Embed

I'm interested to see what sites you found that looks liminal. Similar to a liminal space, these look very nostalgic yet feel rather empty, abandoned, or otherwise surreal. To me it seems that colorful early web 2.0 styling with a white background tends to evoke this feeling the most!

Below: Starfall, 2012; https://fc2.com/ , 2026; https://web.fc2.com/en/ , 2026



* Screenshot 2026-08-13 171010.jpg (182.86 kB, 1161x556 - viewed 32 times.)

* Screenshot 2026-08-13 171032.jpg (155.94 kB, 1678x872 - viewed 27 times.)

* Screenshot 2026-08-13 171057.jpg (198.75 kB, 1677x878 - viewed 27 times.)
Logged

Aero and Skeuo Graphic Designer
Skyweaver's website!!

https://skyweaver.nekoweb.org/storage/jamie.png
https://skyweaver.nekoweb.org/storage/faa-forum.png
https://skyweaver.nekoweb.org/storage/miku.png
https://skyweaver.nekoweb.org/storage/scp.png
https://skyweaver.nekoweb.org/storage/aimp.png
Memory
Guest

« Reply #1 on: Summer, 14 Aug 2026 @001 » Embed

FC2 mentioned. :dog:  The Anglophone community in it is dead as a doornail but features-wise FC2 is really amazing, before I made my own personal website I hosted an entire hypertext/multimedia webcomic on FC2 Blog so I have a deep gratitude and apppreciation for it.

Even before I was ever active anywhere online and only used the Internet to lurk, I spent a lot of time browsing Japanese FC2 blogs and it was an early inspiration to draw, even though it's a shame I can no longer recall nearly every blog/website from that era and am unsure if they even still exist. The only artist I recall following on FC2 from that era was Nelnal (who some people might now recognise as one of the character designers for Deltarune), although they've deleted their art from those times.

I think a lot of Japanese websites/blogs still retain that aesthetic that gives off a 'liminal' feeling. Here is one that makes CGI/Perl scripts (and it's still an active website, too)!


Logged
Pages: [1] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Enter Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe