Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 08 Oct 2026 - @262.99
Forum Activity: Three Stars Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: It's only life! :dog: Guild Events: weekly zine jam 15: dreams
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Da Web Revival
| |-+  ✁ ∙ Web Crafting
| | |-+  ♺ ∙ Snippets & Materials
| | | |-+  Keeping Up and Toys in CSS


« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print Embed
Author Topic: Keeping Up and Toys in CSS  (Read 1935 times)
brisray
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWW


⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
RocketmanFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: Winter, 20 Dec 2023 @716 » Embed

Writing websites is easy but keeping up with what's happening takes a bit of time. As a web developer, if I didn't keep then I was falling behind and becoming less relevant. I thought I'd share what I have been reading and playing with lately.

CSS Tricks - One of the better sites about what's happening to CSS and what you can do with it.

CSS Wrapped: 2023! - What happened to CSS just this year.

You don't need JavaScript for that - New toys for CSS.

Email obfuscation: What works in 2023? - Adding an email address to a web page without getting spammed to death.

SelectList (was SelectMenu) - CSS Tricks and Open UI - still experimental and not yet supported by any browser. I can think of a zillion things I could do with this.

Details - Me messing around with the Details tag. Soon to be moved out of the test folder when I tidy it up.

https://brisray.com/web/embedding.htm - very much a work in progress and a complete rewrite of https://brisray.com/web/video.htm, that was written when the only way of diaplaying audio and video on pages was the Embed tag and using plugins.

Logged
TheFrugalGamer
Hero Member ⚓︎
*****
View Profile WWWArt


⛺︎ My Room
Itch.io: My Games
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
See A Bug Summer 2025 ParticipantGreat Posts PacmanFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2022!
« Reply #1 on: Winter, 21 Dec 2023 @944 » Toggle Font Embed

These are some great links--my info on email obfuscation was several years out of date, so I read through that article with great interest. I think I'm going to implement some of those strategies on my site, and see if I can tweak a few to work with my comments form on my blog. Oddly, I do not receive nearly as much spam as I used to via email these days. I think most email spam comes from shopping sites and newsletters, while the rest of the bots focus on comment forms.

I used to have a really great spam filter at the blog, but when PHP was updated it seems the devs had left, and now it's no longer compatible. With this I may be able to do some misdirection and confuse any bots trying to post their stupid online pharmacy links.

Logged


Artifact Swap: Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!Pink TulipEmerald OreAquamarine
Pages: [1] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe