Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
September 08, 2024 - @85.74 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Two Stars Posts: 21/1k.beats ~ Boop! The forum will close in 915.beats! Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :ha: :pc: Hello Melonland! :pc: :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Games
| |-+  ♖ ∙ Video Games
| | |-+  retro handhelds!!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: retro handhelds!!  (Read 513 times)
simon

simon/26/mentally unstable :3

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile

Joined 2023!
« on: January 05, 2024 @322.34 »

hey there guys! this is my first time on the forums here and i just wanted to share my love for retro handhelds like the miyoo mini plus!! it's a pretty decent handheld and i have been playing with it for a while!!

what's your take on this? i will leave a review for it, right here:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSF4Yr9gj4k

i hope you guys enjoy!!  :smile:  :smile:  :smile:

the man with the cheese, remains with the chicken noodle soup.

- bill cosby
Gloogo
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Today's milk is tomorrow's Gatorade.

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
iMood: gloogo
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2024 @381.91 »

My love for handheld retro gaming was reignited this year when I got my Analogue Pocket. Analogue as a company has their fair share of issues, but the device itself has been incredible. That being said, the Miyoo Mini looks super solid in that video you posted and I actually really like the form factor there. My #1 draw with the Analogue Pocket is that it has a physical cartridge slot so my childhood collection of Gameboy games still have a use.  :smile:

I will say, getting into old retro games again has made me kind of depressed because I realized how much soul used to be poured into each game back in those days, compared to now where video games rarely ship in a completed state. Not to say that gaming is objectively bad now, it just feels like games used to be given a bit more love.

Also, did you make this video? You gained a subscriber if so.  :grin:

xero333

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: xero333
iMood: xero333
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile

Joined 2024!
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2024 @616.62 »

I am currently looking for a retro gaming machine that can plug into a TV and give me access to a load of different games. I keep seeing adverts for firestick-type hardware that plugs in, but I'm not sure how good these are. Does anyone have any experience with these?

:pc: Bring back the old web! :pc:
Memory
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2024 @659.56 »

Welcome to the land of melons, @simon.

I've been getting back into playing all my retro handheld consoles lately. One thing I love about handhelds is that many games made for these devices are short, simple and casual, and at this point in my life with how busy everything is I feel like casual games are the only games I have the energy to play.

Currently I have a GameBoy Color, GBA, and an Atari Lynx. The GBA is the most fun to play and it's the one I use the most.

I'm interested in collecting more handhelds. I used to have a DS Lite as a child and I miss it a lot. I'm also interested in other devices like the Nokia N-Gage, Wonderswan, and Game Gear.

The Miyoo Mini Plus seems like a nice little portable emulator, nice and simple design and it looks like there's a lot you can do with it. I'm surprised I've never heard of it before.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2024 @663.02 by Snow » Logged
simon

simon/26/mentally unstable :3

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile

Joined 2023!
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2024 @21.30 »

My love for handheld retro gaming was reignited this year when I got my Analogue Pocket. Analogue as a company has their fair share of issues, but the device itself has been incredible. That being said, the Miyoo Mini looks super solid in that video you posted and I actually really like the form factor there. My #1 draw with the Analogue Pocket is that it has a physical cartridge slot so my childhood collection of Gameboy games still have a use.  :smile:

I will say, getting into old retro games again has made me kind of depressed because I realized how much soul used to be poured into each game back in those days, compared to now where video games rarely ship in a completed state. Not to say that gaming is objectively bad now, it just feels like games used to be given a bit more love.

Also, did you make this video? You gained a subscriber if so.  :grin:
no i didn't but, this guy named, tech dweeb did

the man with the cheese, remains with the chicken noodle soup.

- bill cosby
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

I started a webring: Retroweb Ring

Started by BradEBoard ☮︎ ∙ Other Communities & Webrings

Replies: 2
Views: 1643
Last post June 27, 2022 @743.02
by BradE
Retro Web vs. Anti-Bloat/Minimal Web

Started by MemoryBoard ☞ ∙ Life on the Web

Replies: 19
Views: 4265
Last post September 24, 2022 @867.45
by Absentmind
Ways our Retro Web differs from the original Old Web

Started by MemoryBoard ☞ ∙ Life on the Web

Replies: 6
Views: 1390
Last post January 09, 2024 @773.09
by xero333

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi