Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
September 08, 2024 - @82.80 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Two Stars Posts: 21/1k.beats ~ Boop! The forum will close in 918.beats! Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :4u: Love is not possession  :4u:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Forum Hub
| |-+  ❤︎ ∙ Greetings and Introductions
| | |-+  ❤︎ ∙ Post Greetings Here!
| | | |-+  Salutations, MelonLandians!

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Salutations, MelonLandians!  (Read 354 times)
schiavona
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Let's get real weird with it!

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: schiavona
iMood: schiavona

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« on: January 28, 2024 @112.33 »

Hi everyone! I'm Schiavona and have been so for quite a while now.

I'm a 32 year old something-or-other (they/them) interested in expressing myself in a more authentic and personal way online, and that includes writing, drawing, web development, and whatever else needs to be done to get ideas out of my brain and into a tangible form. To this end, I recently started building my personal website after a year or so away from most of the major social media platforms. At this point it's mostly ready to share with others, but there's still a lot I can and will want to do with it in the future.

It's been a very long time since I've used a forum like this in any capacity, so there's going to be a bit of an adjustment period as I adapt back to this way of posting. Truth be told, it's kind of a relief not needing to have to jump onto a topic immediately before it becomes irrelevant!

Thanks for allowing me to be a part of this space with y'all, because you all seem very friendly and inviting. Though fair warning, I  have been told that I am a conduit for nonsense. :ok:

Seeya around the boards!

<>|==================> Oh look I found my cool sword!
Paprika
Sr. Member ⚓︎

Go to the tanterwomps for they are lost in time

⛺︎ My Room
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!the one and only paprika!Giver of Many Welcomes!Joined 2024!
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2024 @823.98 »

Welcome on the forum, Schiavona ! I agree with you on the "not so instant" feeling of forums, it"s good to take it slow and there's less stupid stuff happening. We live in an era where everything must be fast, rewarding and instant. I like forums because they're not as demanding as some other platforms (Discord, Messenger, etc)
schiavona
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Let's get real weird with it!

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: schiavona
iMood: schiavona

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2024 @837.00 »

Welcome on the forum, Schiavona ! I agree with you on the "not so instant" feeling of forums, it"s good to take it slow and there's less stupid stuff happening. We live in an era where everything must be fast, rewarding and instant. I like forums because they're not as demanding as some other platforms (Discord, Messenger, etc)

I'm glad to hear this, actually! While I do think there is still a place in my life for instant messaging, as I do find it fun to chat in real time sometimes. However I do feel that once you scale that sort of platform to support groups greater than ooh, let's say about 20 to 30 individuals, it quickly does become chaotic and overwhelming, and there are other things I'd like to do aside from watch messages fly by on a minute-to-minute basis.

Thank you very much for the warm welcome!

<>|==================> Oh look I found my cool sword!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi