Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
September 08, 2024 - @69.87 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Two Stars Posts: 21/1k.beats ~ Boop! The forum will close in 931.beats! Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :happy: Open the all windows! Your mind needs storms and air! :happy:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ☞ ∙ Life on the Web
| | |-+  ⛽︎ ∙ Technology & Archiving
| | | |-+  CD demos

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: CD demos  (Read 267 times)
DiffydaDude
Sr. Member ⚓︎

I FOUND A PONEH

⛺︎ My Room
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

Bred :320% coolerFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: June 12, 2024 @37.11 »

Something ive found out is that old CDs will have these demos of other software and apps and even games on them, and its really interesting cuz you get to see these old demo videos showing all this old stuff that might have shut down a long time ago, or it could be something that people have totally forgot about, like this one for Bezerk.com. It was this entertainment website that hosted something called the You Don't Know Jack netshow, which was kinda like YDKJ but broadcast online kinda like Jeopardy or The Price is Right i think; i know people could sign up to join and there were prizes for winners, it's really interesting. I included the video (flash warning) if you wanna watch it.
On that same CD was also a demo for something called Web.Max. It was like this suite of all sorts of little doodads that made browsing the web more efficient. It allowed you to stay up2date on news, call friends and send them files via Email, regularly schedule downloads of your favorite websites, and even lock your folders away from other users on the PC. It was pretty ahead of it's time, maybe even better than Chrome.
So i wanna know, what cool demos have you found on CDs? Maybe some forgotten website or a lost game demo or something like that. I'd especially like to see pictures
PS if u wanna know the CD i found these demos on it was AfterDark 4.0 Deluxe

* Project 3.webm (518.46 kB - downloaded 49 times.)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2024 @40.60 by DiffydaDude » Logged

D3M0N5

Boredom, the step before successful art

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: D3M0N5

View Profile

Joined 2024!
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2024 @191.98 »

I remember when I was little, I used to have that Disney DVD player for movies. And every time before I could watch a movie, it would display an ad for the player I was already using. I found it so funny that it would play an ad for something I was using. Wonder what I did with it :ohdear:

DEMONIC POST
Cobra!
Hero Member ⚓︎

’S fhearr Albais bhriste na Albais sa chiste

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: cobradile
iMood: Cobradile
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Happy Birthday 2k24 !bred :3First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2024 @461.22 »

Yooooo! I love demo discs! :ozwomp:

It was always super exciting back in the day to get a disc for a console or PC that contained playable demos of the latest games! They felt like exclusive sneak peaks into the games, and most of them do a good job at making you want more of the game, and to buy the full thing!

Whenever I got a new CD-based system, the first thing I do is search for demo discs on eBay just to try and re-create that excitement. Often it introduces me to games I'd have otherwise never heard of! I got a whole collection of discs, which I've attached here.

I was lucky enough to get one of my games (Operation: Pinkeye) onto a PC demo disc as part of an indie gaming magazine called E1M1! That felt like my biggest achievement and a sign that I was going legit!

* MVC-898F.JPG (199.98 kB, 1600x1200 - viewed 8 times.)

* MVC-896F.JPG (161.68 kB, 1600x1200 - viewed 8 times.)

“Snooping as usual, I see?”
Misanthropic Monster™
Sr. Member ⚓︎

He/Him/They/Them

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: Misanthropic
PicMix: BitterGoblin

View Profile WWW

uh oh! a pigeon got in!beetlejuice beetlejuice beetlejuice!bugpostingJoined 2024!
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2024 @801.45 »

I remember having a Daytona USA Hibaihin Mihonban (デイトナUSA 非売品 見本盤) Sega Saturn demo disc for Daytona USA in the mid '90s. I didn't have a Saturn, but I remember putting it into a CD player and was able to access some of the game ost, including the memorable theme I still get in my head to this day:

This song literally lives in my head rent free lol

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi