Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 08 Oct 2026 - @802.43
Forum Activity: Four Stars Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: :cry: Are u having fun? Guild Events: Halloween Watch-a-thon
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Da Web Revival
| |-+  ✁ ∙ Web Crafting
| | |-+  ☔︎ ∙ I need Help!
| | | |-+  Footers, buttons and formatting, oh my!


« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print Embed
Author Topic: Footers, buttons and formatting, oh my!  (Read 1583 times)
MarcieBee
Casual Poster ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWW


{this personal text box intentionally left blank}
⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
Joined 2024!
« on: Winter, 31 Jan 2024 @902 » Toggle Font Embed

I'm working on some polish for my site and I decided to add some buttons beyond the one I had made for myself. Turns out that for whatever reason, adding more buttons makes them stack on top of each other rather than going side to side. After much finagling I managed to get it to look right with 7 buttons, but it only shows up right on my display (13" MacBook on default) and when I want to add more buttons I have to redo all of the formatting.

I really wish I knew enough about what I was doing to identify and fix this on my own but my html skills are weak. Help!  :notgood:

Logged

Don't sweat it, it's just the internet!
Gloogo
Casual Poster
*
View Profile WWW


Today's milk is tomorrow's Gatorade.
⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
XMPP: Chat!
iMood: gloogo

Artifacts:
Joined 2023!
« Reply #1 on: Winter, 31 Jan 2024 @961 » Toggle Font Embed

Hi! I like your page. :) At first glance, it looks like your issue is likely caused by the margins on your footer? You have 400px of margins on either side, and the middle part that actually holds your buttons doesn't have enough room so they're getting squished together.

I'm likely unable to see all of your styling, but you could try adding a width property to your footer and removing the margin-left and margin-right properties?

If you try that, let me know how it works.  :smile:

Edit: I'm also seeing that you have a width set on your image container elements. If things are still overlapping at different breakpoints I'd try removing the width and setting margins on the images.

« Last Edit: Winter, 31 Jan 2024 @965 by Gloogo » Logged

https://gloogo.io/images/gloogo.gif
MarcieBee
Casual Poster ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWW


{this personal text box intentionally left blank}
⛺︎ My Room

Artifacts:
Joined 2024!
« Reply #2 on: Winter, 01 Feb 2024 @011 » Toggle Font Embed

I tried the width property and while is isn't as automatic as I was hoping I can get it to work by just doing a little math to account for the amount of buttons and the spacing. Thank you so much!!!

Logged

Don't sweat it, it's just the internet!
Pages: [1] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe