Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
September 08, 2024 - @76.13 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Two Stars Posts: 21/1k.beats ~ Boop! The forum will close in 924.beats! Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :4u: ~~~~~~~~~~~  :4u:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ✁ ∙ Web Crafting
| | |-+  Newsletter Software/Service?

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Newsletter Software/Service?  (Read 485 times)
Yaya

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: yaya

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« on: April 26, 2024 @917.03 »

Hi! Does anyone have a newsletter service or software they recommend? Looking for something super simple for art updates. Right now considering Buttondown but open to alternatives!
Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!a puppy for your travelsAlways My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!...
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2024 @931.41 »

There's actually already a thread about this: https://forum.melonland.net/index.php?topic=192.0

But the short answer is that if you're just running a small newsletter (Under about 500 subscribers) then your best option is just to use a form (here's a free one by @m15o ) to collect emails; then send them out using your email client.

You can improve that by using Thunderbird and the two plugins: Mail Merge (lets you generate personalized emails for everyone on your list, AND ThunderHTMLedit (which allows you to write your emails in HTML like a webpage/professional newsletter)

Doing it this way means you have all the control and your not paying anything extra to do it ^^  :ha:

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
starbreaker
Sr. Member ⚓︎

What good is Heaven if we dare not storm it?

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!G4 Club Member!Joined 2023!
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2024 @39.77 »

Hi! Does anyone have a newsletter service or software they recommend? Looking for something super simple for art updates. Right now considering Buttondown but open to alternatives!

Pencilbooth looks nice if you're a visual artist. The pricing model is similar to Buttondown's, where your first 100 subscribers are free and you pay $9/month for 101-1000 subscribers, but Pencilbooth doesn't let you do paid subscriptions unless you're on their third tier at $29/month for 1,001-5,000 subscribers.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (2)

newsletters for dum-dums [not a tutorial, i'm the dum-dum]

Started by luluBoard ✑ ∙ Writing & Stationery

Replies: 3
Views: 1951
Last post June 27, 2022 @476.60
by Melooon
What Substacks/Newsletters/Blogs do you subscribe to?

Started by YayaBoard ☞ ∙ Life on the Web

Replies: 14
Views: 1679
Last post April 27, 2024 @802.69
by bees

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi