Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
October 18, 2024 - @556.41 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Two Stars Posts: 24/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :4u: :transport: More is More :transport: :4u:
Halloween Topics! Gfx + Costumes, Decor + Crafts, Prep, Horror Movies, Spooky Songs! ~ E-Zine #2 is out now!

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Games
| |-+  ♖ ∙ Video Games
| | |-+  EA Skate Games 2007-2010

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: EA Skate Games 2007-2010  (Read 707 times)
DiffydaDude
Sr. Member ⚓︎

I FOUND A PONEH

⛺︎ My Room
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

Wishing you Happy Times when you're online!Bred :320% coolerFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« on: February 06, 2024 @679.46 »

Has anyone here played skate., Skate 2, or Skate 3? I know a lot of people will have played skate 3 but i wanna focus on the 1st and 2nd because these are the less played of all 3. I played skate 3 when i was younger, and that was fun, but i didnt realize that there was a 1st and 2nd until a lot later x3
Skate 1
I played skate 1 around 2019-2020, and when i first got into the game i was met with Surrender by Cheap Trick, playing while skating around the suburbia and it was like floating on air! The game is honestly SO immaculate, from the sound design to the art to the textures, it's like eye and ear candy. not only that, but the game controls really well, using the right stick to control the board. It has some really creative spot ideas to shred too, like the Art Gallery, the Mini-Mega, the Plan B factory park, and a lot more. Theres locations like the suburbs with houses and pools, the San Francisco style area, the modern city, the rustic and industrial old town, and each location is really fun to skate through. There's a lot of cool tidbits in the game, and i also remember seeing a clip of Rob Dyrdek playing a prototype of the game, which is pretty cool.

Skate 2
Skate 2 follows up on Skate 1, but it has a lot more features, like walking around, new handplants, making your own spots with props, etc. The game has new styles around the city, like industrial/post-industrial in the suburbs with abandoned factories to skate nearby, there's a Soho style in the downtown with bricks and decorated railings, there's an old world/venetian type style to the Old Town area where you can skate around cathedrals and in fountains, theres a national park type area called Cougar Mountain with a dam that you can unlock the ability to skate down, as well as other hidden stuff around, theres a more Art Deco type style in the city with spots protected by security guards, and theres also modernistic buildings around the beachfront, as well as a resort that you can skate. There's also DLC like Rob Dyrdek's Fantasy Factory and locations from the first game.

Skate 3
Skate 3 doesn't have as many cool locations as the first or second games, and the flow is kinda ruined by the fact that the map is split up so you cant consistently go around the map while skating. But the park creator almost makes up for it; ive made some awesome parks in the game, and i'd really enjoyed making parks and downloading parks from online. There is dlc for this game too, which includes locations from skate 1 again, as well as original stuff, but the dlc for this game is kinda jank imo. Other than that, the game is kinda quirky with all the weird glitches and strange oddities, like how you can spin an object in the park maker until it becomes a glitchy mess, or how you can launch yourself straight into the air with a little clipping through the ground. Honestly the concept art for the game looks more creative and fun than the released product.

So has anybody else played these games? These are some of my favorite games and i'd love to talk about them. I have a lot of memories of getting the most insane and stupid Hall of Meats, like absolutely discombobulational, and it was soooo funny.

xXWebMasterXx_Gina
Jr. Member ⚓︎

I wonder whats for DINNER

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Tin WhistleJoined 2024!
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2024 @46.15 »

While I never had firsthand experience with the Skate series (I played Tony Hawk instead x3), Skate 3 was pretty hard to miss on YouTube for a time! I remember watching a bunch of these hilarious videos from this Youtuber, HelixSnake, who pushed the game to its absolute limits   :cool:

But wow! You sold me on Skate 1 & 2; it seems like I've been missing out on some great skating games! I oughta emulate them when I get the chance!  :ozwomp:
sokil
Jr. Member ⚓︎

listen, there's music in the air

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: sokil
XMPP: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2024 @125.01 »

oh man! this makes me want to dig up my xbox 360 and play skate 3 again – i used to love that game! :happy:

i don't think i ever played the first two, but skate 3 i played a lot. i used to play the first couple tony hawk pro skater games, too! i never owned those, though; i would either borrow them from my neighbors or go over their house and play it with them. those were some great memories. those games also contributed quite a lot to my music taste. i was already really into "classic" punk and skate punk, and a lot of the music in those games was similar to the stuff i already loved, which was just awesome.

i even played a bit of the tony hawk pro skater remaster since it was free with ps+ at one point, and i liked it at first... it didn't feel the same, though, so i kinda gave up on playing it. for what it's worth, i don't think it's necessarily bad; it's just not the same. i remember seeing talk of a skate 3 remaster years ago – wonder if that ever got off the ground?

While I never had firsthand experience with the Skate series (I played Tony Hawk instead x3), Skate 3 was pretty hard to miss on YouTube for a time! I remember watching a bunch of these hilarious videos from this Youtuber, HelixSnake, who pushed the game to its absolute limits   :cool:

But wow! You sold me on Skate 1 & 2; it seems like I've been missing out on some great skating games! I oughta emulate them when I get the chance!  :ozwomp:

i remember when skate 3 was the big thing on youtube, too!! there were some really great videos from that time. one of the first ones i remember watching besides helixsnake's at the time was pewdiepie's... oh how the times change :ohdear: i think i have to binge watch helixsnake's uploads again sometime, they were priceless xD

perhaps this weekend i will dust off my xbox 360 and play....

a drowsy line of wasted time bathes my open mind

Bakartridge
Casual Poster ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2024 @127.86 »

Me who's super into skateboarding games and been playing Skate a lot recently  :eyes:
I love the series so much I actually made albums of the soundtracks to listen to on the go, someone made some for the Tony Hawk games so figured I'd make one for Skate since they didn't exist

Also never forgetting how I was so excited for Skate 4 only for EA to reveal it was gonna be a free-to-play live service game with lootboxes, I have never been so violently disappointed in my life.

Rawr.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

the era of rpgmaker games

Started by cinniBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 27
Views: 4928
Last post August 16, 2023 @267.22
by Riqo
newgrounds' art games section

Started by DarmodejBoard ⚽︎ ∙ Arcade ~ Post ur games!

Replies: 0
Views: 1559
Last post February 03, 2022 @906.33
by Darmodej
I'm addicted to sandbox games

Started by Icey!Board ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 6
Views: 1972
Last post February 22, 2023 @523.34
by Memory

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi