Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
September 08, 2024 - @146.55 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Two Stars Posts: 17/1k.beats ~ Boop! The forum will close in 854.beats! Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :4u: ~~~~~~~~~~~  :4u:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  World Wild Web
| |-+  ☞ ∙ Life on the Web
| | |-+  Cool things like swatch time

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Cool things like swatch time  (Read 642 times)
Yaya

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: yaya

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« on: March 01, 2024 @442.82 »

Swatch Time was a really cool thing to learn about in the forum. What other unique web things do you know about that make the internet a more special place to be?
maple

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile

Joined 2024!
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2024 @611.39 »

I know everyone here knows about it, But SpaceHey. I think it helps you connect with people and express your creativity. I also think the forum your on right now! :ozwomp:
Elagabalus
Casual Poster ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2024 @966.79 »

Bit of a shameless self promotion but I built a simple little Thelemic calendar website: https://heliogabalus.neocities.org/Thelema

The swatch time was a nice addition I finally have a use of the old swatch watch I have  :grin:

Melooon
Hero Member ⚓︎

So many stars!

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!
StatusCafe: melon
iMood: Melonking
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!a puppy for your travelsAlways My PalFirst 1000 Members!spring 2023!Squirtle!!!!MIDI WarriorMIDI Warrior1234 Posts!OzspeckCool Dude AwardRising Star of the Web AwardMessage BuddyPocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!...
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2024 @986.12 »

I think Id like to hear a little introspection here! Can you describe what it is about swatch time that you find cool? What's the specific of it? Is it the 00s vibe, the scientific nature, its utility, or just the unexpected otherness of a different sort of time? - What is it that inspired this thread?

I think it'd be both interesting to hear, plus it'd help me think of other things for you  :grin:

everything lost will be recovered, when you drift into the arms of the undiscovered
Yaya

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: yaya

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2024 @655.13 »

I think Id like to hear a little introspection here! Can you describe what it is about swatch time that you find cool? What's the specific of it? Is it the 00s vibe, the scientific nature, its utility, or just the unexpected otherness of a different sort of time? - What is it that inspired this thread?

I think it'd be both interesting to hear, plus it'd help me think of other things for you  :grin:

You're totally right! My apologies for what is, I admit, a bit of a low-effort post. I'll try to expand!

I think what I really find intriguing about Swatch beat time is that it entails a different perspective with engaging with the internet. It, if it was universally adopted, would allow folks to have a shared sense of time, rather than focusing on where everyone is physically in the world.

Other "cool" things that I would put in this category are things like alternative search engines which don't have ads, different ways to "visualize" the internet (i.e. like a map, a constellation of stars, etc..), webrings. I guess I'm looking for tools and resources which are not commonly used which provide a more personal internet experience. I hope this helps!
wetnoodle
Full Member ⚓︎

a silly lil goose

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

LifeParticipated in the 2023 Profile Design Contest!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2024 @736.19 »

Every Noise at Once is a cool site that visualizes different genres and styles of music spatially. Not quite related to swatch time but it's a cool different way of thinking about music!

arcus
Jr. Member ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: arcus
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2024 @950.56 »

Does Viossa count? It's a pidgin that was created in a Skype group. It has no dictionaries, with only a few words translated. One learns it through talking with other people online.

This video explains it better than I do: https://iv.catgirl.cloud/watch?v=F1LBCMWDNwo

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

TinyTIM - A cool multiplayer text adventure

Started by MelooonBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 4
Views: 2380
Last post February 22, 2022 @48.80
by demonologi
Things you've overheard?

Started by DoctorScreechBoard ⚚ ∙ Life on Earth!

Replies: 14
Views: 2680
Last post August 29, 2024 @503.82
by candycanearter07
Your favourite gaming platform of all time (all time!)

Started by MemoryBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 15
Views: 2636
Last post November 16, 2023 @124.12
by mahoroa

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi