Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
October 25, 2024 - @598.82 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Stars Posts: 26/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :eyes: ~ Inconvenience is counterculture ~ :eyes:
Halloween Topics! Gfx + Costumes, Decor + Crafts, Prep, Horror Movies, Spooky Songs! ~ E-Zine #2 is out now!

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ☺︎ ∙ General Interests
| | |-+  Anyone else a fibre arts fanatic?

« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Anyone else a fibre arts fanatic?  (Read 262 times)
Emmy02
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Hi! Make sure you drink water today!

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile WWW

Emmy AwardJoined 2024!
« on: September 15, 2024 @422.37 »

I remember loving taking a sewing class in high school, but I sort of fell out of love with sewing once the pandemic hit.

Then, in 2023, I saw a cross stitch kit that got me interested in cross stitch, I bought and completed the kit, and I was so happy and proud of myself. I was in love, I took to learning about the different kinds of fibre arts.

I have completed one embroidery piece, three counted cross stitch kits, and a weaving.

I am currently working on a stamped kit, a needlepoint kit, and a pattern of my own creation for an upcoming friend's b-day.

Does anyone here enjoy fibre arts of any kind? What piece are you the proudest of? What projects are you working on right now? Let me know!

Memory
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2024 @460.10 »

I recently got into fiber arts after doing toymaking exclusively. I've been trying to learn how to needle felt and right now I'm working on making my Roblox OC. There's something so nice about being able to sculpt with wool. There's a ton of other things I wanna make but it's good to start simple. :happy:

I would like to see your pieces if you're fine with sharing!
malice
Jr. Member ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room
PicMix: lacrymosa

View Profile WWW

Perfect Weather For Some Tea And Making ArtFirst 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2024 @672.60 »

I'm currently in a fiber arts class! I just finished up a felt piece the other day :3

I'm also making paper and eventually books in there which is super cool. I hope I can make my own sketchbook :cheesy:

any/all + ev/eva ae/aer

Emmy02
Casual Poster ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Emmy AwardJoined 2024!
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2024 @253.68 »

Thanks for the replies all! I have a few cross stitch pieces I am proud of, and a few I am working on.

My Current wips:

This is a watermelon I am stitching for a friend.

This is a woman with rainbow hair, she's a bit of a handful.

Recently completed:

These are some of my fave pink pokemon!

And this is a shiny miltank, its finished, but the only pic i have of it was before I stitched the belly

FE1NT
Casual Poster

me when i huh

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: FE1NT

View Profile WWW

Graphic DesignerJoined 2024!
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2024 @266.76 »

these are all so cool, mad props to ya'll!! i know this stuff takes time and precision. physical art is such a neat thing!

i got into needlefelting for a few days a couple years ago, but never picked it back up. it's a little starter kit, and it's been on my mind lately to give it another go.. maybe this is my sign..
swamptrogg
Casual Poster ⚓︎

aeugh?

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: swamptroggle

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2024 @253.40 »

I just finished these! Done for a friend and only took roughly 5 hours :seal: The back is covered with some white felt I sewed on to cover up the mess. I've basically only worked with plastic canvas so far, though I have a bunch of fabric and hoops sitting in my closet, LOL. This is the 2nd project where I really tried to pay attention to making sure my stitching all goes the same direction- it *does* make a difference, but I think I still need to untwist my thread more often to get it looking neater.

Emmy02
Casual Poster ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Emmy AwardJoined 2024!
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2024 @762.79 »

I just finished these! Done for a friend and only took roughly 5 hours :seal: The back is covered with some white felt I sewed on to cover up the mess. I've basically only worked with plastic canvas so far, though I have a bunch of fabric and hoops sitting in my closet, LOL. This is the 2nd project where I really tried to pay attention to making sure my stitching all goes the same direction- it *does* make a difference, but I think I still need to untwist my thread more often to get it looking neater.

Well, aren't these the bee's knees!  :transport:  and the rest of the bee as well! I have tried needlepoint but I have not used plastic canvas specifically. My bestie got me a cheap kit to experiment with, but I used the parts for another project. But you can do so many cute and/or detailed pieces with plastic canvas!

Semper
Casual Poster ⚓︎

Lurking and learning

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: semper

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2024 @788.84 »

All of these projects are very cool. I love the Pokémon sprite cross stitch.  My step-mom use to run a fibre art business using llama and alpaca wool. Llama and alpaca yarn is incredibly soft. She did needle felting and taught me how to do it when I was a teen, though I did not pick it back up in adulthood.

I prefer to knit, and my favourite things to knit are socks. I do a lot of colourwork in particular and I make socks for my friends' birthdays or any other gift giving events. I plan to eventually build a page on my site documenting some of the colourwork patterns I designed for socks that other people can use in their own projects.

I have attached a photo of a colourwork sock I made over a year ago. It has stars, swords, and the heads of wolves as its motifs, and I designed those patterns myself. I am quite proud of them.

* may-sock.jpg (161.06 kB, 886x1061 - viewed 5 times.)

Feel free to climb the tree
Emmy02
Casual Poster ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Emmy AwardJoined 2024!
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2024 @818.51 »

Thats awesome! My grandma did a lot of fibre art but I never really paid attention to it as a kid. I wish I did, because now its one of my favorite hobbies, she even had a vintage singer machine that folded into a normal table. At least I still have my memories, and a few keepsakes of hers. My mom crochets too, and I've been trying to get her to teach me.

Needle felting is a cool hobby, Ive heard it takes a lot of patience. Also, alpaca wool is awesome, I have felt it before and its so expensive and high quality, I dont trust myself to use it until I get really really good lol.

Awesome sock! I know knitting is another hobby that takes a ton of patience, and I've heard socks are especially tricky, so good on you for being able to make them!  :4u:

AngelEye
Casual Poster ⚓︎

揺らめくオーシャン!キュアラメール!

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2024 @908.40 »

Yep! I'm taking a little break from crochet rn, but I love doing it!

「ふうん、ニンゲンにしてはなかなかやるじゃない。…まなつ。」
「へへっ! ローラもめっちゃトロピカってる!」
「あたりまえでしょ。だって、私人魚だもの」
「もーっと一緒にトロピカってこー!」

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (3)

what do you call this artstyle

Started by DarmodejBoard ✎ ∙ Art Crafting

Replies: 9
Views: 2311
Last post February 16, 2023 @867.59
by bugholder's epiphany
Magic Ring - A Fiber Arts Webring!!

Started by aribluejeansBoard ☮︎ ∙ Other Communities & Webrings

Replies: 10
Views: 1093
Last post September 17, 2024 @791.56
by Memory
arts and crafts directory?

Started by lycoseadaeBoard ☮︎ ∙ Other Communities & Webrings

Replies: 5
Views: 1050
Last post March 31, 2024 @899.40
by Alys

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi