Artifacts Gallery Guilds Search Wiki Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining?
Autumn, 01 Oct 2026 - @231.33
Forum Activity: Five Stars Random | Recent Posts | Guild Recents
News: :skull: Websites are like whispers in the night  :skull: Guild Events: TIME FOR HALLOWEEN CRAFTS!
Super News: ~~MelonLand's Halloween Profile Design Contest 2026~~
+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Art & Writing
| |-+  ✑ ∙ Books & Stationery
| | |-+  What do you put in your newsletter?


« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print Embed
Author Topic: What do you put in your newsletter?  (Read 1154 times)
hi_tsem
Casual Poster ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWWArt


<3
⛺︎ My Room
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Joined 2025!
« on: Spring, 15 Apr 2026 @542 » Embed


Hi, everybody. I have a new newsletter on cyberfeminism, history, and thought traditions nurtured in the place where I am from. Working on it over the past few weeks has brought up a lot of curiosity about how others write and think about their newsletters. I read newsletters of course, but the ones I read tend to be more topical than the one I am writing. My questions are:


  • What's your newsletter about ?
  • How long have you been writing it ?
  • How often do you send issues of it out ?
  • Do you maintain any sort of public or semi-public archive of it ?
  • What purpose do you think of your newsletter as serving for you ?
  • If you have a blog, or have had one in the past, which format do you prefer ?
  • Will you add your subscribe page to my are.na channel ?

Link to mine for those who are curious!  :defrag:

Logged

http://www.tsemone.com/newsletter/cyberletter-assets/titlev3.png
chilblands
Jr. Member ⚓︎
**
View Profile WWW


make it happen or regret
⛺︎ My Room

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Visited on Melon's 10th Anniversary!I got robbed by Dan Q on Melonland!Joined 2026!
« Reply #1 on: Summer, 21 Jun 2026 @629 » Toggle Font Embed

Link to mine for those who are curious!

I love the idea of your newsletter, I do not run a newsletter but I am subscribed to one.

From a reader's perspective, if you want more people to subscribe, archive of past works and some publicly available articles are needed. In my opinion, newsletter with interesting topics like yours should be archived (and you can compile them later into a zine if you want). I would feel more reassured knowing that the newsletter is quality or legit if I randomly stumble upon your website (who aren't familiar with your past works).

Also, you may be interested in this: Melon's Community Email Template

« Last Edit: Summer, 21 Jun 2026 @636 by chilblands » Logged

https://chilblands.neocities.org/files/horseicon.gif it's gettin cold in here...

Artifact Swap: Cursor!Shocked SharaDevil HeartI met Dan Q on Melonland!cyberziPurbymargiesimpSunny the PuppyWhite pawnJIJIjiggle~
hi_tsem
Casual Poster ⚓︎
*
View Profile WWWArt


<3
⛺︎ My Room
RSS: RSS

Guild Memberships:
Artifacts:
Joined 2025!
« Reply #2 on: Summer, 23 Jun 2026 @795 » Embed

In my opinion, newsletter with interesting topics like yours should be archived (and you can compile them later into a zine if you want).


I really appreciate this tip. I am working on something like this now, but it might take a while as I am overhauling my website at the same time. I do have a page where current subscribers can read the previous fortnight's issue and post their thoughts to a chat box. Have a lovely week
   :pc:  :defrag:   

Logged

http://www.tsemone.com/newsletter/cyberletter-assets/titlev3.png
Pages: [1] Print Embed 
« previous next »
 

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021 | Privacy Notice | Send Feedback | Supporters ♥ Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP | Mobile


MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi
@000 Melon
Land
Forum Art Hub Chat Webring Explore Random Recent Tenement Arcade Want to Login or Join ? Web Craft Guide Graphic Catalogue Wiki Help I'm Lost! Link Land Newsletters Image Stream Minecraft: Online
Zap!
Passport Sites tamaNOTchi Asatte Add your site?
Aero Archive Onio Cafe 32 Bit Cafe Status Cafe