Home Events! Entrance Everyone Wiki Search Login Register

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. - Thinking of joining the forum??
September 19, 2024 - @740.89 (what is this?)
Forum activity rating: Three Stars Posts: 36/1k.beats Unread Topics | Unread Replies | Own Posts | Own Topics | Random Topic | Recent Posts
News: :4u: ~~~~~~~~~~~  :4u:

+  MelonLand Forum
|-+  Interests Zone
| |-+  ⚚ ∙ Life on Earth!
| | |-+  Unpopular Opinons

« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Print
Author Topic: Unpopular Opinons  (Read 6942 times)
BUTCHBONEZ
Full Member ⚓︎

certified analog horror junkie

⛺︎ My Room
SpaceHey: Friend Me!

View Profile WWW

uh oh! a pigeon got in!Thanks for being rad!Local GothJoined 2024!
« Reply #90 on: April 27, 2024 @28.34 »

IDK if this Forum Topic has been done before but feel free to confess your unpopular opinions  :smile:  :smile:

This is a space to have nuanced conversations about things and to express your opinions on subject matters (that still apply to the forum rules, be respectful to other users!) ur opinions can vary from shows, songs, pet peeves, etc! :4u:

For example, my unpopular opinion is that I hate grape flavored candy.  :tongue: it tastes medicinal to me 
actually, i despise a lot of candy flavors .. grape, green apple, watermelon, and most citrus flavors i abhor  :ohdear: 

Pineapple on pizza especially with ham/prosciutto Is amazing.

you are safe here, traveler

HY / XE / FANG
starbreaker
Sr. Member ⚓︎

What good is Heaven if we dare not storm it?

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!G4 Club Member!Joined 2023!
« Reply #91 on: April 27, 2024 @52.93 »

Pineapple on pizza especially with ham/prosciutto Is amazing.

I like ham on pizza, but not pineapple. More for you, right?

This is going to sound like Dead Internet Theory, but I don't take people who post on corporate-owned platforms like Twitter, Substack, Medium, TikTok, YouTube, Reddit, BlueSky, LinkedIn, Threads, or Instagram seriously. For all I know, every one of these sites is like Ashley Madison and the vast majority of active posters are in fact employees or contractors paid to simulate activity. If they don't have their own websites, why should I listen to them?

arcus
Jr. Member ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: arcus
Matrix: Chat!

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #92 on: April 27, 2024 @458.50 »

Similar to the above, I don't see the point in paying attention to anything on the above sites. If it was worth reading, it would be elsewhere.

Important pineapple note: The flavour of pineapple can greatly vary depending on if it's fresh, canned, or frozen, and if it's sweetened or not. Frozen and sweetened canned pineapple are blights on humanity. If you're American or only have had pizza at fast food chains, it's likely you have never had a pizza with good pineapple.

bees
Jr. Member ⚓︎

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: lobb

View Profile WWW

Joined 2024!
« Reply #93 on: April 27, 2024 @791.17 »

I don't mind people posting on corporate platforms. Not everyone has the time, skills, etc. to create their own site and manage it. Some people might be really good at something like writing and focus on that rather than building something from scratch. I follow some newsletters that have since moved away from Substack but they're still using newsletter services instead of just building that infrastructure themselves and that's ok.

I would say that a big bonus to those platforms is (unfortunately) their reach, in the sense that other people are also using them and you can find them and vice-versa more easily. For example, I don't use most social media but I've got a Facebook account I use to keep in touch with friends and family who live far away. It would be awesome if everyone had a neocities site or something, but that's just not happening.

Not to mention that some alternatives people often find acceptable are just as corporate, lol. GoDaddy had a whole scandal years ago and my opinion of it is negative enough that I wouldn't buy a domain from them, but it wouldn't surprise me if some people's "independent" sites were giving GoDaddy some money. A lot of people's indie web sites also link tumblr, which is somehow rarely listed along with other social networks, nevermind that "if you aren't paying for the product, you are the product" applies to them just as much. And don't get me started on how pervasive yet invisible AWS is...

This doesn't mean I'm not critical of big social networks or the way they've often poisoned public discourse and allow abhorrent things on their platforms. After all, like I said, I don't have accounts on most of them for a reason. Realistically, though, they're hard to completely avoid, especially for people who don't have many tech skills. Maybe the future will bring us more alternatives and people will become more aware of those issues, but sadly, it's not where we're at right now.

Misanthropic Monster™
Sr. Member ⚓︎

He/Him/They/Them

⛺︎ My Room
iMood: Misanthropic
PicMix: BitterGoblin

View Profile WWW

uh oh! a pigeon got in!beetlejuice beetlejuice beetlejuice!bugpostingJoined 2024!
« Reply #94 on: April 28, 2024 @68.99 »

Most online games today suck because although competitive communities can be amazing (take the early SSBM tournaments) modern online gaming is literally only about winning and doesn't breed interesting or welcoming communities like they used to.

As a League of Legends player, I completely agree with this.... I wish competitive online gaming was less toxic.

Icey!
Sr. Member ⚓︎

Icey/Iceys

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Pro Bug Finder!OG! Joined 2021!High Speed Ozwomp!
« Reply #95 on: April 28, 2024 @164.72 »

I understand where you're coming from but transitioning saves lives as a trans person myself , dysphoria is constantly present in my life. And I can't really do anything about it since I'm a minor in an anti-trans state. And it can be painful. I agree eliminating sexism but and gender-norms but that doesn't abolish gender dysphoria. Dysphoria is especially horrible because your body feels wrong. And now especially in America , the suicide rates for trans youth are going up because we don't have access to gender-affirming care. I'm not going to delve much deeper into this for personal reasons.

I would like to state that I made this during a time when I was getting rather frustrated with gender and couldn't get my mind off of it. I had a really difficult time because my sense kept changing and couldn't stick to a single lane. I would later discover that I was Genderfluid with the only reason why I didn't come to it sooner was because I was in complete denial at the time. Even now I still don't like admitting that I am genderfluid since I feel discomforted by it, the idea of having to change your representation over and over to feel comfortable is a really scary feeling I have and I still have trouble accepting it.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2024 @175.88 by Icey! » Logged

:ozwomp: my beloved

BUTCHBONEZ
Full Member ⚓︎

certified analog horror junkie

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

uh oh! a pigeon got in!Thanks for being rad!Local GothJoined 2024!
« Reply #96 on: April 30, 2024 @137.65 »

I would like to state that I made this during a time when I was getting rather frustrated with gender and couldn't get my mind off of it. I had a really difficult time because my sense kept changing and couldn't stick to a single lane. I would later discover that I was Genderfluid with the only reason why I didn't come to it sooner was because I was in complete denial at the time. Even now I still don't like admitting that I am genderfluid since I feel discomforted by it, the idea of having to change your representation over and over to feel comfortable is a really scary feeling I have and I still have trouble accepting it.

I get that . I should probably pay more attention to the dates posts were made :].

you are safe here, traveler

HY / XE / FANG
Cobra!
Hero Member ⚓︎

’S fhearr Albais bhriste na Albais sa chiste

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: cobradile
iMood: Cobradile
Matrix: Chat!
XMPP: Chat!
Itch.io: My Games

View Profile WWW

Happy Birthday 2k24 !bred :3First 1000 Members!Pocket Icelogist!OG! Joined 2021!
« Reply #97 on: April 30, 2024 @152.42 »

I recently bear Superman 64 on the hardest difficulty and… I actually enjoyed it.

“Snooping as usual, I see?”
wygolvillage
Sr. Member ⚓︎

meow!!!

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: wygolvillage
iMood: wygolvillage

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!melonlands goth cat!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #98 on: April 30, 2024 @206.99 »

I think Castlevania II: Simon's Quest is actually one of the best Castlevania games (provided you have a walkthrough handy of course!)

It just would have benefited from a better translation :P

Lyonid
Jr. Member ⚓︎

Controlled Chaos ~ Please be kind.

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #99 on: April 30, 2024 @569.63 »

I think Castlevania II: Simon's Quest is actually one of the best Castlevania games (provided you have a walkthrough handy of course!)

It just would have benefited from a better translation :P

YES YES YES YES this game is pure insanity in all the best ways. I adore how NES sequels in general are the opposite of our current trend. Where we now try to amplify the things that worked out best to design for profit, those games genuinely pushed innovation in the formula no-holds-barred. Fire Emblem and Fire Emblem: Gaiden are pretty similar in that regard. What, you had a cool concept for a strategy game with small RPG mechanics? Well how about you now have dungeons, a world map, the combat is completely different, there is a whole second army and you can suffer through it! Amazing. I also miss games that literally expect you to have a walkthrough. Simon's Quest stumbled, fell and died so Baldur's Gate 3 could run.

xx <3
wygolvillage
Sr. Member ⚓︎

meow!!!

⛺︎ My Room
StatusCafe: wygolvillage
iMood: wygolvillage

View Profile WWW

Thanks for being rad!melonlands goth cat!First 1000 Members!Joined 2023!
« Reply #100 on: April 30, 2024 @624.29 »

I adore how NES sequels in general are the opposite of our current trend. Where we now try to amplify the things that worked out best to design for profit, those games genuinely pushed innovation in the formula no-holds-barred.

Absolutely! If you think about it, Simon's Quest was one of the first "open world" games, plus one of the first with a day-night cycle. Pretty neat.

petrichoran
Jr. Member ⚓︎

they; she; ae; ey; sol; vamp; fae!

⛺︎ My Room

View Profile WWW

smells like rain and dirtJoined 2024!
« Reply #101 on: May 08, 2024 @657.89 »

peanut butter sandwich? decent. jelly sandwich? amazing. peanut butter jelly sandwich? absolutely awful. the worst thing ever. it's like when kids make horrible concoctions out of school lunches, except it's considered normal.

i am a work of fiction. any similarity to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Print 
« previous next »

Vaguely similar topics! (2)

Unpopular games that you love, and vice versa

Started by MemoryBoard ♖ ∙ Video Games

Replies: 52
Views: 5707
Last post May 19, 2024 @963.11
by Absentmind
Favourite unpopular musician?

Started by Tommie ΘΔBoard © ∙ Music Room

Replies: 8
Views: 725
Last post July 14, 2023 @740.41
by starbreaker

Melonking.Net © Always and ever was! SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies Forum Guide | Rules | RSS | WAP2

MelonLand Badges and Other Melon Sites!

MelonLand Project! Visit the MelonLand Forum! Support the Forum
Visit Melonking.Net! Visit the Gif Gallery! Pixel Sea TamaNOTchi